Research Officer, Bristol
Research Officer, Power To Change, Bristol
Are you looking for an exciting research role in an innovative organisation?
Power to Change is an independent charitable trust endowed with £150 million from the Big Lottery Fund to support community businesses across England over the next 5 years. Power to Change acts as a community businesses champion through the provision of funding and support on a local level. The organisation also aims to play a broader national leadership and advocacy role to enhance the market for community business and increase awareness of its social and economic benefits.
Careers4Change is working closely with The Trust to identify a full-time Research Officer to support the Head of Research and Policy with the management of their research programme and to carry out discrete research or analysis activities.
Project and portfolio management
- Support the Head of Research with day-to-day contract and project management of commissioned projects across the organisation’s large research programme
- Support the Head of Research with overall portfolio management, such as arranging publication schedules or planning communications activity
- Ensure projects comply with PTC administrative procedures and carry out administrative tasks such as updating contracts management systems
- Research dissemination, writing summaries and blogs, presenting findings at conferences or events
- Undertaking discrete pieces of research such as their Annual Grantee Survey
Essential skills and qualifications
- Experience of research, evaluation or data analysis
- 3+ years postgraduate experience
- BA qualification
- Experience of Microsoft Excel
- Flexible, “can do” attitude
Desired skills and experience
- MA in social research desirable
- An interest in the community or voluntary sector
- Experience of statistical analysis tools
- Experience of Salesforce (Customer Relationship Management system)
If you are interested in hearing more about this excellent opportunity to work in a progressive, forward thinking organisation please contact Sheena Pentin at Careers4Change.
Power To Change is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.