Trust Fundraising Officer
Harris Hill are recruiting a Trust Fundraising Officer on behalf of a national homeless charity.
This organisation provide support programmes to help get people off the streets and in to accommodation.
These services range from employment/training, healthcare, offender support, mental health and substance misuse.
Based in London the Trust Fundraising Officer is responsible for building relationships and generating funds from grant giving trusts and foundations. The successful candidate will focus on making tailored approaches to small and medium trusts.
- Develop and maintain a regular stewardship programme for trusts including project visits, meetings
with operational staff and newsletters
- Prepare and write regular progress reports to trusts, as appropriate
- Respond to queries from trusts and cultivate ongoing trust relationships
- Research background information on trusts and foundations, including charitable interests, gift
levels, annual income, personal contacts, etc
- Liaise with operations staff, particularly group and senior managers, to develop trust applications
and provide progress reports to donor
Experience and skills
- Demonstrable account management experience as a trust fundraiser or similar role.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to condense complicated information into plain
- The ability to manage and prioritise a portfolio of trusts, working to deadlines and agreed
- A sound understanding of the interests and working methods of trusts and foundations
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to engage with internal stakeholders and develop relationships with new and existing donors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills