Location: One YMCA, Charter House, Charter Place, Watford WD17 2RT
Hours: Part – Time, (15 hours p/w) flexibility regarding work pattern can be considered
Salary: £10,051 (FTE £25,129) per annum incl. Location Allowance
Benefits: Defined contribution pension scheme, Health Cash Plan, discounted nursery costs at One YMCA nursery, free gym membership at our health clubs
One YMCA is recruiting for a driven and self-starting Fundraising Executive to join the organisation and help us raise money for some of the great work we are doing to transform young people’s lives.
This is an exciting new post and you will play a significant role in helping the CEO deliver the Fundraising Strategy. You will be a passionate “people person”, but be highly organised and accustomed to balancing priorities, while maintaining high levels of accuracy.
The Fundraising Executive will be the only dedicated Fundraising post for the charity and will take responsibility for setting up and maintaining several streams of fundraising activity, as well as establishing a database to monitor and inform our future plans. The post-holder will also coordinate and contribute to the work of external bid-writing consultants to ensure that our applications are in line with our mission, values and reflect our capacity to deliver. A key part of the role will be making certain that our charity complies with all relevant legislation, including GDPR, and fundraising best practice.
If you have the know-how to help us showcase our charity’s transformational work, in a way that funders and supporters can engage with, then we would love to hear from you. In order to attract the right candidate, we will consider flexible working arrangements for this part-time role.
Essential Knowledge, skills & Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of successful project management of charity fundraising processes
- Experience of developing and drafting successful fundraising bids that demonstrate positive outcomes and value for money
- Knowledge and experience of managing a database and complying with data protection legislation
- Knowledge of research and evaluation of data to inform fundraising decisions and enhance application content
Desirable Knowledge, skills & Experience
- Understanding of the charity sector and how to evidence impact through written material
- Knowledge and understanding of working with others to deliver written projects such as fundraising applications or stakeholder communications
- Experience of establishing and developing relationships with potential donors or stakeholders
- Good understanding of governance relations and experience of written reporting to committees or stakeholders
- Relevant fundraising or similar qualification and ideally membership of a relevant body
For further information, a full Job Description and alternative methods of applying, please visit the One YMCA Website
click Apply to send your CV and Supporting Statement to the recruitment team.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Midnight 17th October 2017
Interview Date: TBC
More searches like this
- Fundraising Housing & Homelessness Part Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Community Fundraising Housing & Homelessness Part Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Corporate Fundraising Housing & Homelessness Part Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Events Fundraising Housing & Homelessness Part Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Major Donor/ Gifts Housing & Homelessness Part Time jobs in Hertfordshire