An opportunity has arisen for a Fundraising Events Manager based in Essex on a 12 month fixed term contract, to develop and deliver a new fundraising events strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver, creative and effective marketing plans for the event correct audiences are approached, being the main point of contact for communications
- Manage the expenditure budgets and annual income, ensuring all expenditure is kept within approved budgets
- Recruit and manage participants, event volunteers / co-ordinate all staff travel, accommodation and itineraries over the event weekend
- Cultivate positive working relationships with key partners/service providers agreeing expected service levels and responsibilities
- Develop and implement effective communication plans with event participants to promote fundraising and training for the challenge
The successful candidate will have previous experience within an Events Manager position, working to reach income targets for events and recruiting/managing participants and volunteers. The ability to develop the communications plan, demonstrating a creative flair with regards to the look and feel of events and how they are put out to the audience. Excellent people management and interpersonal skills is a must; a real people person able to engage and motivate a very wide range of people. Due to the location of the charity, you will need access to your own vehicle as the public transport links are not within walking distance.