A third sector charity cover the North of England.
- Leading, researching, writing, preparing and submitting successful tenders in line with the organisation's Business and Development Growth Strategy (DGS) and on-going growth aspirations.
- Leading, managing, co-ordinating, and writing the preparation of supplemental tender requirements (e.g. financial models and implementation plans)
- Achieving set financial and performance targets for conversion rates on successful tenders
- Maintaining up-to-date policy awareness on markets of interest to the organisation
- Work closely with central services and operational teams to support the development of new service offers and innovations for both current delivery models and future opportunities
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal teams, operational staff and customers to ensure tenders have appropriate operational context, reflect current operating best practice, and facilitate seamless contract implementation
- Identification of upcoming bidding opportunities and policy developments and drivers.
- Preparing specific proposals and business cases including resourcing, costing and timescales.
- Supporting the successful hand-over of a secured tender to operational colleagues.
- Maintaining a good understanding of agreed subject areas such as learning and skills, disability, ex-offender support, social and care services, sharing this knowledge and supporting others within the organisation and where appropriate externally
- Representing the organisation at tender briefings and similar industry events.
Managing the Development Officer effectively to ensure successful completion of assigned tasks, duties and contribution to overall commercial targets of the department.
- High level of bid writing capability and experience
- Strong project / bid management experience
- Evidenced experience of developing and writing proposals, tenders and business cases that have secured new income and led to the development of new services.
- Proven communicator both verbally and especially in written form.
- Track record in competitive tender writing for contracts within supported accommodation / housing / health / skills / welfare / criminal justice or similar sectors.
- Proven and people management skills
- Strong commercial skills and focus
Demonstrable knowledge and awareness of the policy agenda in relation to publicly funded environments in particular around housing, health, complex needs and social care.
A fulltime permanent contract paying circa £40k.