Marketing and Comms Manager
College based in Sheffield
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Strategic management of all College marketing activity including market planning, market research, competitor analysis and opportunity analysis.
2. To plan and manage the College's liaison activity, including arranging events, preparing materials, liaising with school staff, ensuring sufficient staff are in attendance, lead and be actively involved in such promotion. To identify new opportunities and ways of communicating with the College's target market.
3. To plan and manage small, medium and large-scale events (100+ staff and students involved) for prospective students and their parents. To manage relevant staff in planning and setting up such events.
4. To develop and maintain mutually beneficial and effective relationships with senior staff both in College and with external partners and stakeholders, especially schools. To represent the College at external events and meetings as appropriate.
5. To liaise with the College's nominated advertising agencies to implement and manage advertising campaigns. To monitor and evaluate campaign effectiveness/return on investment.
6. To manage the procurement of marketing materials and negotiation with suppliers to achieve desired prices/rates. To make operational-level decisions with regards to such purchases.
7. To liaise with the College's nominated creative agency in brand development and project managing the production of the full-time prospectus and publicity materials. To take editorial control over the College Newsletter.
8. To work with the Principalship and College Management to plan and co-ordinate internally produced key publications, presentations and publicity materials.
9. To work with the Network Manager and appropriate staff to ensure that the content of the College's website is up to date, relevant and engaging. To look for opportunities (and develop and implement these as appropriate) to use ICT to enhance College promotion and communication (e.g. use of social networking sites, VLE, etc)
10. To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the local, regional and national media. To identify College activity suitable for Public Relations purposes, including drafting press releases and obtaining appropriate usage rights for student imagery.
11. To monitor and review media coverage to raise the profile of the College.
12. To manage internal events for current students (e.g. talent shows, external visitors etc).
13. To compile, maintain and update records of the school contacts database.
14. To be part of the team responsible for carrying out interviews with new applicants.
15. To develop and produce internal communications, such as newsletters and briefings and displays.
The ideal candidate will have the following;
- Marketing / Comms qualification
- Understanding of Marketing and PR processes
- Understanding of College curriculum / education
£26,000 - £32,000, 12 month contract