Membership Development Officer
The Fabian Society is seeking a Membership Development Officer to help grow both the size and the activism of our membership. The Membership Development Officer will be responsible for managing the member ‘journey’ i.e. recruitment, payment, welcome and renewal communications, member donations, member elections, analysis of membership data. The post also supports member activism, by providing support to member-led activities and projects (eg Young Fabians, Fabian Women, policy groups). In carrying out these tasks the priority is to maintain and develop robust systems; deliver an excellent level of customer service; and act as an ambassador for the society and its members.
- Act as a first point of contact for inquiries from members and prospective members, by telephone, email and occasionally face-to-face (including: providing accurate information, fulfilling routine requests, recording contact details and information, and passing on messages and actions to appropriate colleagues or volunteers).
- Maintain and develop the society’s membership database, which uses CIVI CRM cloud software; support colleagues to use it effectively; and work with the Operations Director to ensure our use of personal data complies with legislation
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the society’s membership strategy, working with colleagues across the society
- Support member-led sections (eg the Young Fabians) and activities by providing specified segments of membership data, recording member preferences and activity, helping with data analysis and offering (limited) advice and support on membership administration and development.
- Process individual membership applications in a smooth, accurate and timely manner by overseeing automated CRM and payment systems; and issuing new member communications.
- Process and maintain institutional memberships (Libraries, Corporates & Unions) and affiliated memberships (including members of local Fabian societies).
- Process all membership subscription payments and donations, including managing an online direct debit facility, adhering to all financial protocols and procedures. This involves working in close collaboration with the Operations Director to ensure membership income is accurately monitored and recorded.
- Carry out membership retention and re-recruitment activities including issuing renewal notices, reminders, confirmation of lapsed membership and lapsed member marketing.
- Manage the database aspects of our quarterly mailing to members. This includes providing accurate data to our mailing house; processing returned postal mailings; acting to acquire correct contact details and recording amendments/updates on the CIVI CRM.
- Produce statistical information on our membership data, including routine quarterly reports and specific analysis as requested
- Deliver exhibitions at Fabian Society and third-party events to act as an ambassador for the society and promote and market Fabian Society membership
- Assist and advise in the development and production of membership and marketing materials e.g. new member welcome packs, donation appeals, newsletters, email bulletins, social media, advertising – working with colleagues responsible for communications.
- Contribute to the intellectual and organisational development of the Society
- Take responsibility for a limited number of office administration tasks (duties shared between employees)
- Undertake other duties where required by the General Secretary or Operations Director
More jobs like this
- Part Time Education Fundraising jobs in London (Central)
- Part Time Education Marketing jobs in London (Central)
- Part Time Education Campaigning jobs in London (Central)
- Part Time Education Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Part Time Education Operations & Service Delivery jobs in London (Central)