Job Holder’s Name:
Job Title: Project Manager.
Reports to: Chief Executive.
Job Location: Bridport Dorset with frequent travel to London.
Department: Chief Executives Office.
Job Family: Management.
Please visit the Tax Aid and Tax Help website
Variable budgets in line with the projects being managed and/or agreed by the CEO
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The delivery of the educational and operational projects against the project outcomes, on time and within budget.
Supporting the Senior Management Team (SMT) in the identification of suitable projects and working with them in developing proposals, including project plans, budgets and appropriate evaluation and impact methodologies.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES/OUTPUT OF JOB
- Act as the operational lead for funded projects between the various stakeholders and be their first point of contact for information, guidance and advice either by phone, face to face or email.
- Be the central co-ordinator for the various projects including the production, updating and reporting of progress for the various projects, through project plans, budgets, project updates end of project reports and evaluations.
- To be responsible for the drafting, writing and distribution of communications to stakeholders (including client communications) and staff in the form of briefings, briefing notes general project communications.
- To liaise with internal colleagues with regard to the use of social media, twitter, face book and the web.
- The production of any, electronic or hard copy resources required as part of the project (from commissioning and design through to the final signed off version and printing either in hard or e copy).
- To be the lead or operational support and attend and or represent the project (and the charity/charities at conferences, events seminars and lectures as the project manager in order to promote the project and its purpose.
- To ensure that the project/s are compliant with legislation and meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act and apply good practice in respect of its governance.
- To contribute to the development of new initiatives and market research.
- To support members of SMT with input, expertise to produce appropriate business cases for submission on both academic and commercial projects which require funding.
- To undertake any other activities or reasonable requests as advised by the CEO.
- Project Management Skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Commercial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Strong written and numeric skills especially with regard to financial record keeping and writing of briefs and reports.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and manage and prioritise activities and tasks.
- Analytical and risk management skills and good with numbers, identifying trends and threats.
- Good PC skills particularly email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint or appropriate project management software.
- An effective networker.
- An understanding of issues and trends for low income individuals and their tax issues.
- Ability to negotiate, liaise, and build effective working relationships.
- Logical and process management skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Innovation and creativity
- Marketing in relation to the promotion of projects and recruitment of clients/volunteers.
CONTACTS AND INFLUENCE EXERCISED
- Influencing and persuading external stakeholders.
- Liaising and negotiating with the senior management teams within the charities.
- Liaising, negotiating with staff at all levels within the charities.
- Able to command respect.
- Day to day operational decisions within the project scope.
- Day to day management of key stakeholder and staff relationships, utilising the direction provided by the project plan and project priorities.
- Day to day management of the project plan and operational budgets and record keeping.
- Scope for influencing the decision making process in relation to strategy, donor targets and priority areas for action.
- Day to day management of communications with project stakeholders line with the project plan.
- Day to day activities and priorities are at the discretion of the job holder and the role provides a great deal of autonomy in order to achieve the objectives.
- Sanction of the CEO for deviation from standard practice of communication.
Apply for Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly