Programme Funding Advisor (Maternity Cover)
WaterAid is looking for a Programme Funding Advisor (12 months Maternity Cover) to play a vital role in our mission, to transform lives with clean water, sanitation and hygiene, in the world’s poorest communities.
Please note there is a similar role advertised, but with a slightly different Job Description. If you are interested in both roles, you need only to apply once, but please make very clear at the top of your supporting statement that you would like to be considered for both roles. Interviews will be held for both roles at the same time.
The post holder will work within a team of Programme Funding Advisors (PFAs), each of whom lead on a particular donor(s), providing organisational, strategic oversight relating to funding, as well as in depth compliance knowledge. The PFAs play a key role in reducing risk through provision of advice and support to country and regional programmes, ensuring excellent proposal design and grant management.
The current post holder covers UNICEF and we would prefer someone with experience with this donor, however we may consider a review of donor lead roles, depending on specific experience of candidates.
Working within the Programme Funding Team, the Programme Funding Advisor will:
- Provide strategic leadership (relating to funding), for a specific donor(s), across the organisation.
- Unlock and optimise potential for growth from donor relationships for WaterAid. This is not limited to requests for funds but focussing also on strategic programme engagement, and / or supporting others to do so.
- Create linkages with other organisations (as appropriate) for development of consortia bids.
- Provide specialist support to Country Programmes to increase knowledge and understanding of donor compliance and donor rules and regulations.
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- Relevant degree-level education (international development / social sciences) or equivalent.
- Substantial experience in international development, which must include experience with, and knowledge of, EC DEVCO / EuropeAid, UNICEF, and/or DFID funding including policies, compliance and differing funding streams.
- Demonstrable experience in institutional grant management for an international NGO including proposal submission, narrative / financial reporting and working with complex budgets.
- Working knowledge of French (written / spoken) is highly desirable. Portuguese would also be an asset.
By 2030 we want everyone, everywhere to have clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Working with us, you will be entitled to a wide range of employee benefits, including an exceptional pension fund, generous annual leave, an employee assistance programme as well as fitness and lifestyle programmes.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified. No recruitment agencies please.