Service Admin Assistant
Service Admin Assistant
Contract type: Permanent
Hours per week: 12.5
Salary: £13,650 pro rata per annum
About the role
We are looking for a motivated Service Administration Assistant to join our friendly and vibrant Independent Living team.
The service provides light touch support to vulnerable adults for short periods of time. Our service users may be lonely or isolated and may receive the service immediately following an A&E attendance or hospital admission. The service is delivered by a team of staff and volunteers.
As Service Administration Assistant, you will assist the Support Officer in providing administrative and operational support functions to the Area that is managed and delivered in accordance with both the needs of the Area and corporate requirements.
Please note that this is a part time role working 14 hours per week; Thursday & Friday 9am - 5pm.
About the person
- An organised and efficient administrator who is confident to respond to incoming enquiries from healthcare professionals and members of the public, you will have:
- A positive, passionate and enthusiastic approach to customer service
- Experience of providing proactive administrative support to others in a team environment
- Experience of general administrative duties; incoming and outgoing mail, answering the telephone and using a simple switchboard, scanning, filing, meeting and greeting customers
- Experience of maintaining computerised and manual confidential records, including accurate data entry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deal with queries in a diplomatic, professional and confidential manner both verbally and in writing
Closing date for application is 23.59 on the 12th of October 2017.
About the organisation
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
Our volunteers and staff help people in crisis to live independently by providing support at home, mobility aids and transport. We also teach first aid skills.
We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network. We refuse to ignore people in crisis.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
The British Red Cross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes PVG/DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Refusing to ignore people in crisis