Humentum is a global nonprofit/charity focused on advancing operational excellence for social good. We build the capacity of staff at international development and relief organisations to address the operational challenges they face while working toward their missions. Humentum was created from the merger of three well-established organisations: Mango, a UK-registered charity and social enterprise that specializes in financial management; InsideNGO, a Washington, DC-based member association of international non-governmental organisations; and LINGOs, a virtual not-for-profit capacity building organization specializing in eLearning.
The Marketing Manager will be based in the UK and will develop and implement multi-channel, integrated marketing campaigns for Humentum workshops, educational programs, and in-person events with the goal of building our customer base and increasing customer engagement. Note: While this position is UK-based, the chosen candidate can work from anywhere within the UK; travel to the Oxford office will be required twice monthly.
- Lead marketing efforts for open workshops and other global learning programs, specifically e-mail marketing, paid and free advertising, and social media.
- Coordinate and support other marketing events and activities with the US-based Communications and Marketing team.
- Contribute to the Humentum website, developing content related to open workshop activities and in other areas as needed/requested.
Director of Communications & Marketing
- Work closely with the Communications and Marketing team and Global Learning and Product Development team to develop and deliver the marketing plan for open workshops. (70%)
- Develop, implement and regularly update an agreed-upon marketing plan and budget with measurable targets.
- Manage the delivery of that plan including: emails, related online content, ongoing social media activity and a sustained programme of events and campaigns.
- Manage the Marketing Assistant in the execution of the marketing plan (a shared responsibility with the US-based Marketing Manager)
- Write, coordinate, edit and distribute open workshop content across a variety of channels, ensuring maximum engagement with target audiences.
- Provide advice, guidance, tools and support to staff and associates carrying out marketing activities on behalf of Humentum.
- Work with team members to identify and engage key contacts to provide testimonials and contribute to marketing activity.
- Collaborate with the Global Allliances and Advocacy Team. (20%)
- Engage with the Global Alliances and Advocacy team on specific areas of partnership development, collaboration, and events with UK-based organisations.
- Develop marketing and communications materials to support work related to alliances and advocacy.
- When requested, provide support to alliances/advocacy events outside of the UK in regional hubs (East Africa or Latin America) by developing web content, flyers, advertisements, and social media campaigns; this may include occasional travel.
- Other duties. (10%)
- Contribute to Humentum’s other activities as appropriate.
- Other duties commensurate with the post and as required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with digital marketing and database management
- Experience with SalesForce preferred; experience with similar CRM will be considered.
- Proven experience with email marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with web management and analytics, including SEO/online optimization and Google Analytics
- Ability to write compellingly for the web, social networks and other digital media
Skills & Attributes
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish, including ongoing analysis of impact and results
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Must be proactive, well-organized and able to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, motivated professional with ability to think strategically and creatively, with ability to execute tactics
- Detail-oriented with good copy-editing skills
- Interest in keeping current on digital trends and new technologies
Please submit resume and cover letter, including salary history, to careers (at) humentum (dot) org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Please note that candidate must pass verification of employment/reference screening and background check. Due to the number of responses, we will only contact those selected for an interview.