Senior Direct Marketing Officer
Senior Direct Marketing Officer
Location: London, Moorfields
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: circa GBP 32,000 per annum (inclusive of Inner London Weighting), dependent on experience
About the role
Apply now and be part of the British Red Cross. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Direct Marketing Officer to join a successful and ambitious Direct Marketing team.
If you are an experienced direct marketing fundraiser and are looking for the opportunity to run large-scale campaigns and line-manage a direct marketing assistant, then this position is for you.
You will play a critical role in managing campaigns based on a supporter-led strategy to maximise lifetime value and support a team that will manage a programme of inspiring communications, reaching millions of people every year.
You will be working with budgets that run into millions of pounds so you will need to demonstrate a high level of numeracy, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
And when an emergency strikes, you will be a key member of the teams that lead on running large-scale emergency fundraising campaigns like the Ebola Appeal and the Syria Crisis Appeal, raising millions of pounds in a matter of days and weeks so that we can help people in urgent need of help.
If you are a highly motivated, innovative and creative thinker, then this is a great opportunity to develop your career and make a difference to people in crisis.
Key duties within this role will include:
- Managing the day to day running of direct marketing campaigns (including direct mail, raffles, press advertising, telemarketing); including campaign planning, creative development, co-ordinating print and production
- Source and manage relationships with external suppliers such as creative agencies and production suppliers, to enable effective delivery of campaigns
- Line manage a Direct Marketing Assistant and support them in the day-to-day delivery of their duties and to ensure they are effectively trained, developed and motivated
- Train new Direct Marketing Officers by being the first point of contact for operational queries relating to their appeals as well as overseeing key stages of appeals (data briefs, testing matrices, data forecasts, etc.)
- Support the Direct Marketing Manager with management accounts and monitoring of KPIs when required
About the team
Direct marketing contributes two thirds of the fundraising division's annual net income target. In 2017, the direct marketing team aims to raise over GBP 97 million from an expenditure of over GBP 23 million.
It's a fast-paced environment and you'll need to put your skills and experience in direct marketing to use from the start. Building strong relationships both internally and externally is key to success in this role, as is your ability to spot trends and find solutions. You'll be able to plan your busy workload, but also respond to changing priorities.
About the person
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven and significant experience of managing DM campaigns from start to finish including; pre-campaign planning, testing development & implementation, managing data requirements, new creative development, through to thorough post-campaign analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrable experience of sourcing, managing, negotiating and liaising with suppliers is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of line management and coaching techniques. Line management experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent analytical skills with a proven ability to analyse and interpret results and translating this analysis into action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to develop strong working relationships with external suppliers and internal departments
Closing date for applications is 23:59 on Sunday 24th September 2017.
First Interviews : w/c 25th September
Second Interviews: TBC
The British Red Cross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
The British Red Cross,incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England andWales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Followus on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in -British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Refusing to ignore people in crisis