Trusts and Grants Fundraiser
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To lead and take responsibility for the trust and grant fundraising at The National Lobster Hatchery, to increase income and develop projects to raise revenue for the charity’s on-going work.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Research potential trusts and foundations, track funding opportunities, qualify the prospects and maintain a funders’ database in line with NLH data policy
- Work with Science Team and General Manager to develop a trust funding programme which fits with NLH project portfolio
- Develop suitable projects for funding and associated budgets
- Co-ordinate grant funding applications in a timely manner and write compelling, high-quality funding proposals, which meet funders requirements
- Establish and maintain relationships with funders including the co-ordination of initial approaches, thank you letters, updates and invitations to events where appropriate
- Produce funders reports as and when required working with Science Team and General Manager
- Attend any external events for funders on behalf of The NLH
- To be responsible for the fundraising database , managing all internal processes and reporting
- To communicate with potential and existing funders in an appropriate manner as and when required, following NLH brand guidelines
- To undertake presentations to potential funders when required
- To maintain a dialogue with the general manager and take guidance and mentoring from the NLH fundraising trustee.
- To communicate with the rest of the NLH team as required.
- To work within the financial constraints of the organisation
- To create realistic budgets for funding proposals
- To report monthly against trusts and grant income and expenditure targets
- To monitor all income and expenditure working with finance and ensure the fundraising database is up to date
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties in line with the needs of the hatchery as required
- Work at all times within the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Take part in the hatchery’s staff appraisal program
- To maintain confidentiality of commercial information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the company
- Undertake training as required
- The post holder must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the charities Equal Opportunities Policy, and the Management Policies and Procedures
IMPORTANT FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Manager and other staff, potential funders, existing funders, business partners, customers, the general public.
Uniform supplied by the Hatchery should be worn.
PREPARED: DB, 24/7/2017
SECTION: Office - The National Lobster Hatchery, Padstow. Cornwall.(based 1 day a week)Temporary Office - Coworking space, Wadebridge. Cornwall(based 4 days a week, possibly for up to a year TBC)
HOURS: Full time, fixed term
RESPONSIBLE TO: General Manager and trustees
This job description gives a general outline of the post and is not intended to be inflexible or a final list of duties. It may therefore be amended from time to time in consultation with the post holder.