Trusts and Grants Fundraiser
5 days left
- Contract Type
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To lead and take responsibility for the trust and grant fundraising at The National Lobster Hatchery, to increase income and develop projects to raise revenue for the charity’s on-going work.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Research potential trusts and foundations, track funding opportunities, qualify the prospects and maintain a funders’ database in line with NLH data policy
- Work with Science Team and General Manager to develop a trust funding programme which fits with NLH project portfolio
- Develop suitable projects for funding and associated budgets
- Co-ordinate grant funding applications in a timely manner and write compelling, high-quality funding proposals, which meet funders requirements
- Establish and maintain relationships with funders including the co-ordination of initial approaches, thank you letters, updates and invitations to events where appropriate
- Produce funders reports as and when required working with Science Team and General Manager
- Attend any external events for funders on behalf of The NLH
- To be responsible for the fundraising database , managing all internal processes and reporting
- To communicate with potential and existing funders in an appropriate manner as and when required, following NLH brand guidelines
- To undertake presentations to potential funders when required
- To maintain a dialogue with the general manager and take guidance and mentoring from the NLH fundraising trustee.
- To communicate with the rest of the NLH team as required.
- To work within the financial constraints of the organisation
- To create realistic budgets for funding proposals
- To report monthly against trusts and grant income and expenditure targets
- To monitor all income and expenditure working with finance and ensure the fundraising database is up to date
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties in line with the needs of the hatchery as required
- Work at all times within the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Take part in the hatchery’s staff appraisal program
- To maintain confidentiality of commercial information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the company
- Undertake training as required
- The post holder must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the charities Equal Opportunities Policy, and the Management Policies and Procedures
IMPORTANT FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Manager and other staff, potential funders, existing funders, business partners, customers, the general public.
Uniform supplied by the Hatchery should be worn.
PREPARED: DB, 24/7/2017
SECTION: Office - The National Lobster Hatchery, Padstow. Cornwall.(based 1 day a week)Temporary Office - Coworking space, Wadebridge. Cornwall(based 4 days a week, possibly for up to a year TBC)
HOURS: Full time, fixed term
RESPONSIBLE TO: General Manager and trustees
This job description gives a general outline of the post and is not intended to be inflexible or a final list of duties. It may therefore be amended from time to time in consultation with the post holder.
Apply for Trusts and Grants Fundraiser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly