The Reading Agency – Chair
Time commitment: 2-3 days per month
Location: Meetings held in London
Salary: Unremunerated, but expenses paid
The Reading Agency is the leading charity inspiring people of all ages and all backgrounds to read for pleasure, well-being and empowerment. We have been delivering nationally acclaimed reading programmes, research and innovation for 15 years and we are ambitious for the future.
Our mission is to inspire more people to read more, encourage them to share their enjoyment of reading and celebrate the difference that reading makes to all our lives. We support people at all stages of their reading journey. Because everything changes when we read.
The Reading Agency is moving towards a stronger audience focus and increased partnership working, as well as diversifying income sources, and is seeking a Chair who can lead it through this key stage of development.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a non-executive Board role with effective chairing skills
- Strong networking abilities, and the willingness to use these for the benefit of The Reading Agency
- Significant experience at a senior level of strategic planning, change management and organisational development
- Experience of advocating on behalf of organisations and causes and arguing their case successfully, in order to raise their profile
- A demonstrable passion for reading
The Reading Agency is an equal opportunities employer and committed to improving the diversity of our people. We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role, and details on how to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please contact Jenny Hills at Harris Hill Executive Search on 020 7820 7321.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 16th October