Media and Communications Manager (12 month contract)
Unfortunately, we are no longer taking applications for this role as the position has now been filled. If you would like to be considered for other similar roles like this within the charity sector, please send a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com.
This is a full-time role, with a 12 month contract.
- An ambitious environmental charity.
- Develop a communication and media strategy to ensure the UK’s environmental standards are maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining key relationships with journalists to ensure communications have the greatest impact possible.
- Lead and coordinate team members from the organisation to help maximise speaking opportunities.
- Develop and update key messages for use by the organisation and allies in their communications.
- Write press releases to gain effective media coverage and produce social media resources to raise the profile of key environmental issues.
- Educated to degree or postgraduate level in a related field.
- Experience of developing and implementing successful communication strategies.
- Experience in leading reactive media work, running media events and writing press releases.
- Sound understanding of environmental issues in the UK and knowledge of the British political landscape.
- Extensive experience either working as a journalist or working closely with journalists.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.