Chief Executive - Secret World Wildlife Rescue
Secret World Wildlife Rescue (SWWR) exists to relieve the suffering of and to encourage respect towards British wildlife. SWWR provides a public rescue, rehabilitation and release service for injured, sick and orphaned wildlife. We also provide a learning and outreach programme and share knowledge to raise standards of wildlife care across the UK.
The charity is on-call 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and operates across Somerset, Bristol and the surrounding area. A staff team of around 45 work alongside a strong and committed volunteer workforce. Staff and volunteer response drivers are equipped and trained to rescue all types of British mammals and birds. After appropriate veterinary care, these animals are rehabilitated on site and eventually released back to the wild.
We are looking to recruit a Chief Executive to continue to develop and drive the next exciting phase of SWWR’s potential and growth. This role provides an exciting and rewarding opportunity to lead the Senior Management Team and to manage the next phase of Secret World’s future: a new purpose-built Wildlife Treatment Centre working to high standards, supported by good financial stability, sound governance, excellent management and unity across the team.
The personal requirements of a suitable candidate will include:
- Empathy for and understanding of wildlife rescue, rehabilitation and release
- Evidence of robust approach to governance, controls and definition/implementation of new processes
- Evidenced history of strong and engaging leadership and successful change management
- Strong financial management skills
- Experience of motivating, developing and optimising the contribution of both staff and volunteers
- Experience of fundraising and development of innovative income streams
The CEO will have a remit to:
- Lead SWWR’s team of staff and volunteers and deliver the strategic priorities
- Assist with development, and deliver the charity’s strategic and business plans
- Manage the charity to the highest standards of governance and professionalism
- Manage growth and change
- Provide strategic guidance and management information in support of the Board of Trustees.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role, please complete the application form, which will be sent to you by contacting: Tracey.Healy@secretworld.org
Applications should be returned before the closing date to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th October 2017
Indicative interview dates are:
First interview: 16th or 17th October 2017
Second interview: 2nd November 2017