Community & Events Fundraiser
Overview of the Role:
This is a new post in a recently created fundraising function with massive potential for growth. It is a particularly exciting time as the Charity celebrates its Centenary in 2019. The role offers the successful candidate the chance to influence and develop an exciting community and events fundraising programme. The focus will be on developing and organising key RBLI events and also securing key supporters to undertake challenge events for RBLI. You will be a team player, with solid relationship management with events experience.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Establish a thriving community and events fundraising programme in the Kent region including establishing a programme of events for RBLI, securing third party events, and maximising public participation in challenge events.
- Research, identify and develop new fundraising opportunities across a wide range of potential 3rd party activity.
- Establish RBLI’s annual community events calendar, taking responsibility for event marketing, and event evaluation, in order to refine the programme for 2019.
- Achieve agreed community and events fundraising targets by creating an engaging programme of activities, and identifying potential supporters, attracting them to the cause, maximising their annual fundraising potential, and achieving healthy donor retention.
- Personally manage key supporter relationships as well as put quality stewardship processes in place for the day-to-day management of fundraisers, and groups, in the Kent community.
- Contribute to the development and success of RBLIs new fundraising team
- Represent RBLI professionally and enthusiastically in the Kent region.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in developing and organising fundraising events.
- Able to develop, implement and monitor plans, present budgets and interpret financial information.
- Able to research, assess and initiate new opportunities.
- Able to recruit, encourage, develop, support, motivate and manage individuals, groups, to maximise their own fundraising or their event success.
- Able to manage the detailed content involved in function/event management, take an active lead at an event, and supervise key volunteers involved in such activities.
- Able to use interpersonal skills to engage effectively with others, understand what motivates them and respond appropriately.
- Written communication skills and a high level of numeracy to be able to produce a range of work e.g. business plans, evaluations, event marketing material, press releases, letters, and presentations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, able to build strong relationships, make supporters feel appreciated and deliver more formal presentations.
- Able to work as part of a team, to see and understand the big picture and contribute effectively to team plans and goals.
- IT literate – use of word-processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and databases.
- At least 3 years proven track record of successful income generation from within the community and events fundraising sector and or able to demonstrate transferable skills from the commercial sector.
- Track record of identifying, establishing and retaining effective new supporters and fundraising committees/groups.
- Track record of working with business communities and regional social networks.
- Experience of working as part of a team and contributing to team plans and activities.
- Track record of managing successful fundraising events and achieving event targets, including gala events.
- A degree is desirable and or relevant professional qualifications
- To hold a full UK driving licence and be prepared to travel throughout the area.
- Willing and able to work weekends and evenings when required.
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement.
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Community & Events Fundraiser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly