Head of Fundraising and Voluntary Services
Amazing things happen at Queen Victoria Hospital every day. Our specialist teams of surgeons and therapists, working with our outstanding nurses, rebuild people’s lives after cancer, facial palsy, burns.
We are looking for an experienced and confident fundraiser ready to go out into the community to lift the profile of our charity, with individuals, groups and businesses. You will establish and run our fundraising function, creating a robust strategy to ensure we maximise donations.
We regularly receive excellent results from patient satisfaction surveys and on average 98% of inpatients say they would recommend the hospital to their family or friends. Our success is underpinned by the skills and enthusiasm of our staff and a strong culture of partnership working. We are fully committed to on-going training and development.
Current fundraising brings in c £70,000 pa. We are targeting a significant increase in this. The commonly used measure in NHS charities is 1% of turnover which would be c£650,000.
- Manage all the processes and systems to successfully underpin the work of the charity. These processes include database management and producing reports.
- Lead, promote and co-ordinate local fundraising and activities, ensuring that funds are processed effectively and events are well planned, marketed and supported. Manage and drive fundraising appeals, provide an exceptional supporter experience and build relationships with key donors. This will require effective monitoring of the local charity environment and a visible presence within the community.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to ensure the work of the charity reflects the QVH brand and that messages are shared through all appropriate channels
- Nurture relationships with hospital staff to encourage creation of and participation in fundraising activities and events and lifting the profile of the charity internally.
- Attend fundraising activities and events where possible, ensuring they are supported by appropriate members of staff or selected volunteer ambassadors
- Support individuals to carry out their own fundraising events in support of the charity.
- Develop the volunteer service, reviewing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure that their activities comply with best practice and legal frameworks
- Recruit and support QVH volunteers in line with safe recruitment standards, ensuring that individuals are placed where they are needed and feel they can make a meaningful contribution
- Develop and train key volunteers capable of taking a more active role in assisting in event management or other fundraising or charity-related administrative activities.
We want the very best candidate and will consider part time and flexible working.
Reports to: Director of Communications and Corporate Affairs
To see more go to the direct web link shown below.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Health & Medical Fundraising jobs in East Grinstead
- Full Time Health & Medical Volunteer Recruitment & Management jobs in East Grinstead
- Full Time Health & Medical Community Fundraising jobs in East Grinstead
- Full Time Health & Medical Events Fundraising jobs in East Grinstead
- Full Time Health & Medical Major Donor/ Gifts jobs in East Grinstead