- To ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the office and systems.
- To provide high-level financial and fundraising support.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the efficient operation of office systems including electronic and paper filing, archiving of records, Raiser's Edge, general correspondence, requests for materials, postal systems, ordering and managing supplies (general, events and specialist materials).
- To provide excellent supporter care including timely acknowledgement of general and events donations, data input into Raisers Edge, Gift Aid, general queries, requests for materials and information.
- To act as the first point of contact for all enquiries into the charity, including email, letters, telephone and face to face.
- To produce queries, templates and reports to support colleagues' mailings, communications and reporting requirements.
- To oversee general maintenance, IT equipment, telephone systems and liaise with service providers on a day-to-day basis.
- To work with colleagues to ensure that the charity is adhering to data protection, Gift Aid rules and other legislation.
- To provide administrative support to the Events and Business Development Team as required.
- To be responsible for maintaining accurate records within Raiser's Edge and agreeing a monthly reconciliation of the banking and fundraising data.
- To run a twice weekly batch upload of donations onto Raiser's Edge.
- To take responsibility for daily/weekly banking and petty cash.
- To reconcile the monthly bank statement against all gifts entered on Raiser's Edge for the corresponding month, exporting gifts from Raiser's Edge into Excel, matching up Worldpay receipts, PDQ slips and other gifts while resolving any queries or unaccounted for gifts by liaising with the Events Executive.
- To claim Gift Aid on a monthly basis.
- To prepare purchase invoices and submit these to the outsourced accountants for weekly authorisation.
- To support the preparation of monthly management accounts. The post holder will be first point of contact for JS2 when dealing with accounts and coding queries.
- To monitor and file press cuttings and advise colleagues of key events and activities that are featured in the media.
- To maintain an effective system of processing and despatching awareness and information orders.
- To organise mailings and communications eg newsletters and direct mail.
- To undertake basic updating of the charity's website, microsite and social media.
- To arrange and manage volunteers and temporary staff as and when required.
Please Apply Today