Head of Fundraising
With our 50th Anniversary year on the way and a variety of fundraising channels already operating, working at Coeliac UK offers a great opportunity to an ambitious fundraising professional looking for the chance to develop their experience with a settled team. Managing the fundraising team and contributing to the fundraising strategy will be key responsibilities, as well as diversifying income to achieve a target of over £1million. This position will have direct responsibility for individual giving, gambling products and fundraising events whilst also supporting work around major donors, charitable trusts and corporate partners.
Must be prepared to work some evenings and weekends to support delivery of fundraising activities and wider charity events.
Coeliac UK is the charity for people who need to live without gluten. We provide independent, trustworthy advice and support, strive for better gluten free food in more places, and fund crucial research to manage the impacts of gluten and find answers to coeliac disease. And we do it all so that one day, no one’s life will be limited by gluten.
Interviews will be held on Monday 16 August. Applications with no covering letter will not be considered.
• To manage, lead and motivate the fundraising team to deliver stretching income targets
• To contribute to the development and implementation of the fundraising strategy
• To manage the fundraising programmes budget including setting achievable income and expenditure targets
• To analyse and review all fundraising streams to ensure they are fit for purpose, deliver agreed levels of activity including achieving income and are enabled to develop as per the strategy
• To work with the Marketing and Communications team to develop marketing and communication plans to support individual work streams
• To lead on the activity to diversify income from individuals and community organisations
• To work closely with the Director of Fundraising and others to develop support from major donors, charitable trusts and corporate supporters
• To monitor all fundraising activities and ensure that they comply with the current regulations including the Fundraising Regulator, ICO and GDPR
• To work closely with peers across the organisation to maximise the opportunities for fundraising from our members and supporters
• To manage performance within the fundraising team and be responsible for recruitment, development, training and annual appraisals.
• To attend and support events and activities for the fundraising team and the charity as necessary to fulfil the needs of the role and the charity when appropriate.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee. This job description may be altered to reflect the needs of the charity.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
• Track record of successful fundraising experience from a variety of method
• Clear competency in budget management and the interpretation of financial information and reports
• High level knowledge and experience of working with a CRM system from a fundraising within a fundraising perspective
• Proven knowledge and experience in using and manipulating data for fundraising
• Experience of motivating and leading a team
• Experience of implementing best fundraising practice and knowledge of charity law including new ICO and Fundraising Regulator guidance
• Thorough experience of MS office
• Proven track record of developing and managing internal and external relationships
• Membership of relevant professional body
• Project management experience
• Experience of working with volunteers successfully in a fundraising environment
• A positive, personable and confident communicator with strong persuasive skills
• Target and results driven
• Well organised and able to prioritise
• Excellent attention to detail with outstanding written skills
• Highly numerate and able to understand and analyse complex data
• Innovative and creative, willing to take the initiative
• Self motivated and able to work without close supervision
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – verbal and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Cooperative team player with a practical, flexible, ‘can do’ attitude
Salary: up to £38,000 based on experience
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter for this Head of Fundraising role.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.