Temporary Press Officer
Our client is a leading membership body based near East Grinstead. They are easily accessible via the train and by car.
The interim post holder will proactively support the handling of all media interest in the organisation, helping to ensure that the association meets its campaigning objectives.
- Answering day to day incoming press enquiries on the telephone and on email
- Creating and drafting clear and engaging press releases and comments
- Sending statements and other information to journalists and following up
- Arranging appearances of our spokespeople on broadcast and print media both nationally and locally
- Fielding some enquiries from members who may well be in difficulty with the press
The Interim Press Office must have significant experience of working with the media and journalists within a busy press office previously, and be used to producing engaging press releases and comments for multiple channels.
- Must be able to write clear, crisp and engaging English
- Ability to translate complex information into simple terms
- High level of articulacy and communication skills, both face to face and on the telephone
- Ability to prioritise and deal with different tasks and responsibilities concurrently
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to handle, analyse and present data
Up to to £200/day Ltd or Umbrella Company
They are able to look at candidates who wish to look at this on a full-time or 3/4 days a week basis