Head of Patient Advocacy
Myeloma UK is the only organisation in the UK dealing exclusively with myeloma, a blood cancer originating in the bone marrow. Our ultimate goal is to find a cure.
We are dedicated to ensuring that patients get access to the right treatment at the right time, and to improving standards of treatment. Our organisation also provides a range of information and support services to patients, family and friends to help deal with a diagnosis of myeloma.
We are now seeking a Head of Patient Advocacy to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Research, the postholder will lead the Myeloma UK patient advocacy programme and contribute to the planning and delivery of our strategic, operational and departmental plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading on input and consultation responses and health technology assessment processes to ensure representation of myeloma patient interests
- Developing and leading the Patient Advocacy Team
- Working closely in partnership with key stakeholders in the pharmaceutical and research community
- Representing Myeloma UK on relevant working groups and coalitions and at conferences
- Developing policy and position statements on agreed priority areas
- Building relationships with research organisations, professional bodies and other partners in the charitable and life sciences sector
- Overseeing parliamentary and political monitoring
- Overseeing development of a suite of policy positions on key areas relevant to Myeloma UK
- Working closely with colleagues across the organisation on key policy issues and areas
The successful candidate will have previously worked in an advocacy/policy role at a senior level, with proven experience of developing a strategic approach to policy and advocacy and building relationships with key stakeholders. You will have extensive knowledge of commissioning structures and their relationship with Government across the UK. Excellent communication skills and strong management and leadership skills are essential.
If you are excited by the opportunity this role presents and believe you have the skills and experience we need, we want to hear from you.
For further information and a detailed job description visit www.myeloma.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us or call Eleanor Hughes on 0131 557 3332.
To apply, send your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or Eleanor Hughes, Myeloma UK, 22 Logie Mill, Beaverbank Business Park, Edinburgh EH7 4HG.