DEMELZA HOSPICE – CHAIR TO THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
LOCATION: Demelza Kent, Demelza SEL (South East London), Demelza Community in East Sussex
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high profile organization with CQC-rated Outstanding services that is redefining Hospice Care for Children. The role of Chair to the Board of Trustees is highly rewarding, its key responsibilities being to:
- Ensure that the Charity and its trading subsidiaries are governed effectively;
- Work in partnership with the Chief Executive to ensure that the organisation has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and that the organisation, the Trustees and the Chief Executive are focused on achieving these;
- Work within the Board to ensure future sustainability, in terms of the impact of activities against assessed need, and financial sustainability
- Effectively manage the Board of Trustees;
- Provide management support to the Chief Executive;
- Ensure the Board of Trustees fulfils its duties and responsibilities for proper governance and compliance with regulatory bodies;
- Ensure that the Board is monitoring performance through reports provided by the Chief Executive and senior staff;
- Ensure that there is an effective working relationship between the Trustees, staff and volunteers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding leadership and management skills, with the ability to take a considered and clear view on strategic issues and vision. The successful candidate will have significant understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
Experience of committee work and financial literacy and the ability to read and understand accounts is essential.
This is a role that requires strategic vision, willingness to devote the necessary time and effort, strong independent judgement, ability to lead and work as a member of a team. As Chair of the Board of Trustees, you will carry the duties of the post with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role, and details on how to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, please contact Ros Findlay-Pix on 020 7820 7329 or Abigail Ashmead on 020 7820 7318.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Friday 10th November 2017