Head of Marketing and Communications
Myeloma UK is the only organisation in the UK dealing exclusively with myeloma, a blood cancer originating in the bone marrow. Our ultimate goal is to find a cure.
We are dedicated to ensuring that patients get access to the right treatment at the right time, and to improving standards of treatment. Our organisation also provides a range of information and support services to patients, family and friends to help deal with a diagnosis of myeloma.
We are now seeking a Head of Marketing and Communications to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Income Generation and Marketing, the postholder will lead the development and execution of a fluid and highly effective marketing and communications strategy, including print/brand, marketing, PR and digital functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and leading on marketing and communication strategies, setting clear objectives and KPIs to support the Myeloma UK strategy
- Taking responsibility for operational delivery and budgeting for all aspects of the marketing and communications strategy
- Overseeing brand awareness raising marketing and communications activities, mixing traditional and digital media, to deliver key messages
- Working with the Director of Income Generation and Marketing on the brand refresh and website development currently underway
- Providing leadership and management for the Marketing and Communications Team, setting clear objectives and supporting development
- Developing strategic relationships and overseeing marketing and communications support for the other teams across the organisation
- Defining and implementing methods to monitor, measure and analyse the effectiveness of all marketing and communication initiatives
- Build relationships with key external stakeholders and contacts to raise awareness and enhance the reputation of Myeloma UK
- Provide out of hours communication/PR support as required
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of working in marketing and communications at a senior level, with a proven track record of developing and implementing communication strategies and designing and delivering integrated marketing and communication campaigns.
You will have experience in all areas of media management, as well as brand management and digital marketing. You will also be experienced in delivering projects to tight timescales and managing and reporting on budgets.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate complex medical and clinical information into clear copy are essential, along with relationship development skills and previous experience of managing a team.
If you are excited by the opportunity this role presents and believe you have the skills and experience we need, we want to hear from you.
For further information and a detailed job description visit www.myeloma.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us or call us on 0131 557 3332.