Recruitment and Selection Coordinator
Recruitment & Selection Coordinator
Location: North Wales, Abergele
28 Hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: GBP 18,805 - GBP 19,747 pro rata DOE
About the role
The successful candidate will be based within our Abergele office. This role will support all UK Ops services and community fundraising colleagues to meet all of their volunteer recruitment needs as described in their workforce plans.
The role is accountable for the high quality of recruitment process and in ensuring that the new recruits' experience is a positive one and one which increases the chance of retention and a fulfilling volunteering journey
About the organisation
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
Our volunteers and staff help people in crisis to live independently by providing support at home, mobility aids and transport. We also teach first aid skills.
We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network. We refuse to ignore people in crisis.
About the team
The P&L Directorate delivers the organisation's People Goals enabling an increasingly diverse workforce to be truly aligned to our mission, values and fundamental principles. Working across the organisation, the Directorate ensures that there are volunteering and employment arrangements which enable managers to recruit, develop, recognise and retain our people which meet the needs of each part of the organisation and is focused on making a difference to people in crisis. The Directorate works through a strong organisation development approach with a focus on engagement through transparency and openness.
About the person
- Making evidence based selection decisions
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent by experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Dealing with the public in person and by phone
- Collaborative team working
- Interviewing - staff or volunteers
- Working in an office environment and using a range of software applications
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
- An ability and willingness to occasionally work outside normal office hours
- A willingness to support an emergency response, operating within the scope of this role
Closing date for applications is 23:59, Thursday 21st September, with interviews to follow week commencing, Monday 2nd Ocotber.
Please click here to view the full job description and person specification for this position.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Refusing to ignore people in crisis.