Capital Appeal & Fundraising Manager
We are looking for an ambitious, talented and tenacious Capital Appeal and Fundraising Manager. We are a local charity making a real difference to the lives of Blackpool’s unpaid carers. This is a great opportunity for the right person to join our enthusiastic and passionate team.
You will be an experienced fundraiser who has a proven track record of success by building, developing and maintaining strong relationships. You will be a flexible and innovative individual who actively seeks opportunities to collaborate and deliver beyond expectations.
Capital Appeal and Fundraising Manager
Salary : Negotiable dependent upon experience
Responsible for : Fundraising operations and activities
Other Key Relationships : Donors, Senior Management Team, Staff, Volunteers.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week including evenings and weekends as standard
Holidays: 25 days per year plus bank holidays
This post is subject to DBS clearance at enhanced level.
- Responsible for all aspects of the charity’s Capital Appeal and wider fundraising.
- Responsible for cultivation and management of all the Charity’s key fundraising relationships.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of corporate relationships.
- Ensure the highest professional and ethical standards are adopted to comply with relevant legal, professional, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Develop a fundraising vision for the Charity, including the growth of a fundraising department.
- Act as the Charity’s primary fundraising contact point.
- Ensure accurate reporting and management information is available at all times.
- Contribute across the Charity as a member of the Senior Management Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Capital appeal planning and delivery
- Draft and deliver an achievable Capital Appeal plan.
- Successfully implement the Capital Appeal plan, working closely with the Chief Executive.
- Evaluate performance and meet targets.
Capital appeal and general fundraising channels
- Grow income by developing support among potential donors, with an emphasis on building relationships with individuals, businesses and groups.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with individual donors.
- Develop a new legacy giving programme.
- Deliver effective and financially successful fundraising events.
- Source and secure sponsors for fundraising events.
- Manage and ensure appropriate and successful donor stewardship and record-keeping is in place.
Communications and Public Relations
- Raise awareness of the Charity in order to raise a consistent income stream.
- Maintain and develop contact with professional bodies, organisation and other charities in the sector.
- Develop internal fundraising communications for the Charity.
Leadership and Management
- Provide effective fundraising leadership for the Charity’s staff, volunteers and students.
- Contribute to and support the Charity’s Senior Management Team.
IT and Management Information
- Ensure appropriate fundraising IT systems are maintained and developed
- Work with the Support Services Manager to develop and update the Charity’s website to support the Capital Appeal and wider fundraising.
- Prepare papers and reports for Trustees and Senior Management Team.
- Maintain and monitor relevant controls and procedures.
- Draft copy for fundraising materials, magazine and the Charity’s website.
- Prepare fundraising commentary for the Charity’s annual review and accounts.
Duties of all Carers Centre staff are periodically reviewed and may alter in line with service requirements and developments in consultation with staff.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Blackpool
- Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Blackpool
- Community Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Blackpool
- Corporate Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Blackpool
- Events Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Blackpool