Principle duties and responsibilities
- To lead and motivate teams to ensure the individual is provided with experiences and opportunities which will enable he/she to have a fulfilled and active lifestyle.
- To drive person centred plans, keeping them current and aspirational, ensuring teams are passionate about supporting an individual to achieve their goals.
- To ensure guidelines for support, health action plans and risk assessments are reviewed and updated every six months.
- To ensure rotas and shift patterns best reflect the needs of the individual and their plan.
- To ensure the team support the individual to maintain existing relationships while creating the opportunity for that person to make new connections and develop their circle of friendships.
- To actively promote organisational principles and values, and ensure that the practices of all supported workers reflect these.
- To ensure all new staff are fully inducted into the organisation and to the needs of the individual/s supported.
- To make sure the support workers and team have the right level of training to fulfil their role, meet compliance demands and to promote personal development opportunities.
- To attend reviews, meetings, training courses, appraisals and supervision as required.
- To take a strategic view of the staffing of teams, evaluating vacancies and leading on the recruitment process, including drawing up person specifications alongside the person being supported, short-listing and interviewing.
- To ensure the team support the individual to maintain their physical and mental wellbeing, including G.P/Dental/health appointments, ordering medication, and eating a well balanced diet.
- To develop a self supporting team which provides consistency and continuity underpinned by a well managed rota which includes provision for relief cover.
- To be an active participant in the On-call system including fulfilling the administrative responsibilities as required by the role.
- To provide written and verbal reports as and when required.
- To ensure all staff are aware of and follow all Natural Breaks policies and procedures including administrative duties/requirements of the role.
- With assistance from Service Manager have control over a devolved service budget. To ensure all financial procedures are being adhered to and monitored, and to bring any discrepancies to the attention of a Service Manager.
- To represent Natural Breaks well at all times, and to build and maintain good working relationships with parents/carers, all stakeholders, external agencies and professional bodies in the course of your work.
- To fulfil all administrative duties of the role, including those required for contract compliance and C.Q.C.
- To provide direct support as required as part of the rota, inclusive of sleep-ins and waking cover.
- To lead on and contribute to projects which enhance Natural Breaks’ profile in the market place.
- To provide all staff with bi-monthly supervisions, monthly team meetings and annual appraisals.
- To take responsibility for health and safety in the services you manage.
- To meet safeguarding responsibilities and ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibilities to safeguard the individuals supported.
- To take responsibility for your own development needs, informing your line manager of any training or development required to fulfil the role.
- To carry out any other duties relevant to the post which may be allocated by the Service Managers or Chief Executive.
Apply for Service Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly