TPP are currently working with a prestigious charity/care home based in South East London who are looking for an experienced HR Manager to join the small HR team on a permanent basis.
Short description of role:
- Acting as a key contact for managers, ensuring HR good practice
- Participate in relevant department or team meetings and away days
- Bringing key insights to people and charity's wide issues
- Act as a coach to managers and supervisors within departments in raising awareness of expected leadership behaviours.
- Lead on HR project work as required to enable the organisation to meet its overall business objectives and to drive improvements to the service offered by the HR Department.
- Work with the Head of HR to ensure implementation of the HR Strategy in line with overall business objectives.
- Ensure appropriate HR information systems are in place to support operational needs and contribute towards the continuous improvement of HR processes, documenting and communicating changes where necessary
- Advise on and implement all HR policies and procedures, ensuring legislative requirements are met
- Design, develop and implement new HR policies and procedures when requested
- Manage and advise on the recruitment process, ensuring that the best service, and value for money is achieved
- Responsible for learning and development, working with the HR Department to develop the annual training plan and management development programme.
- Manage the recruitment and L&D budgets in conjunction with the Head of HR.
- Line manage, appraise, develop and coach the HR Assistant and Senior HR Assistant, setting objectives, deadlines and encouraging personal development.
- Responsible for the production of HR management information for departmental heads and where necessary, the whole organisation.
- Ensure that employee relations matters are dealt with robustly and pragmatically, coaching both line managers on approaches for managing people including advising on correct process and policy.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of external trends, best practice and the operating environment, through sources such as publications, conferences and networks as well as developments within the HR professional field.
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV to HR@tpp.co.uk quoting the reference number in the subject line.