Corporate Partnerships Manager
This charity runs the UK’s only free, confidential, 24-hour helpline for vulnerable and isolated older people, available every day and night of the year. Since launching nationally in November 2013 it has received almost 1.5m calls, some simply “to say goodnight”. It has also recruited and trained over 4000 volunteers who make weekly calls to older people, or exchange a letter. Thanks to early support from the Big Lottery Fund and Founding Partners, the charity has established robust services in all areas of its helpline and friendship operations, and in October 2016 it completed a major project to open a new helpline office in Blackpool with 170 staff. The charity has now moved into its next phase of development to significantly grow further dependable, sustainable income from multiple sources to allow delivery of ambitious plans, and to support the operational growth and expansion of the charity’s activities, including the development of a national network of regional volunteer hubs.
Corporate Partnerships comprise an essential component to support these plans and the charity already has some very interesting partnerships. This position is the lead corporate fundraising position in the charity, and we are looking for excellent account management skills to lead on these partners, and, as a smaller part of the role unless desired, to support the highly experienced corporate new business consultant on pitches and proposals where appropriate.
As the Corporate Partnerships Manager you will be responsible for leading, growing, and managing an exciting and diverse portfolio of corporate accounts. You will have proven experience in creating, developing and overseeing successful partnerships, and possess the ability to devise and deliver bespoke and engaging fundraising plans.
Key Relationships: Director of Fundraising, Communications Team, Volunteer Admin Team Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of corporate partners’ strategies, ensuring the key stakeholders are fully involved, motivated and achieve their objectives
- Managing creative partnership fundraising plans which achieve and exceed financial and non - financial targets
- Successfully engage with a range of key stakeholders, building strong relationships to support development and delivery of partnerships
- Providing detailed financial reporting and analysis of the partnerships, regularly preparing reports for delivery both internally and externally
- Managing and building internal relationships across the organisation, particularly with the Communications Team to enable the successful delivery of fundraising plans
- Act on new business leads and opportunities to develop and deliver pitches and proposals for new partnerships
- Keeping abreast of best practice in corporate fundraising across a range of disciplines (employee fundraising, CRM, sponsorship etc.)
We are looking for a confident, highly motivated individual with proven experience of managing, retaining and growing successful, high level partnerships and possessing the ability to think creatively and commercially.
- Educated to degree level
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate partnerships and corporate social responsibility
- Adept in Microsoft Office and proficient in use of databases (preferably fundraising)
- Previous experience of relationship management and partnership development from the voluntary sector
- Demonstrable experience of managing a diverse portfolio of partnerships
- Experience of budget management and proven track record of achievement of six figure incomes and delivery against targets
- Experience of project management
- Strong negotiation, decision making and influencing skills
- Ability to generate commercially viable, innovative ideas
- Effective planning and time management skills. Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure, managing changing priorities whilst maintaining excellent and scrupulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the confidence and ability to collaborate with and present to contacts at all levels of seniority both internally and externally
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrable customer service skills
- Ability to take initiative
The application deadline for this position is rolling, and we are considering applicants as we receive your details. Please don’t hesitate to send your CV and covering letter to Charlotte Wilmot, Director, Eardley Wilmot, firstname.lastname@example.org, and don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. We very much look forward to hearing from you.