Deputy Director of Finance
Are you a confident leader, with experience of multifaceted finance management? If so, we have a great opportunity to work as a pivotal member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), as the Deputy Director of Finance.
The ACU is the world’s first international university network, with over 500 members in over 50 countries. As Deputy Director of Finance you will have full accounting responsibility for a wide range of the ACU’s activities, including leading and managing the finance function operationally, strategically and in relationships with stakeholders. The scope of accounting responsibility includes expenditure of over £86m (£25M CSC, £50M Chevening, £2.5M MACC, and ACU £8.5 M).
As Deputy Director of Finance, your responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for finance reporting for ACU unrestricted activities and some clients’ accounts and for the reporting of expenditure and cash flows against budgets, and maintain forecast estimates of full year expenditure for all ACU activities
- Enhancing and managing the ACU accounting processes
- Preparing formal financial reports and forecasts to conform to accounting standards on quarterly / annual basis
- Providing strategic and operational financial advice on Scholarship administration schemes
- Leading key relationships with financial institutions and in negotiating and purchasing contracts
- Representing the ACU at meetings with externally funded bodies
- Leading a small team.
To be successful you will have a professional finance qualification (CA, ACA, ACCA or ACMA) with significant experience of leading a strategic finance function. With knowledge of information governance, data security and particularly the Data Protection Act 1998 / GDPR 2018, you will also have:
- Analytical skills to investigate the root cause of a problem and work toward a solution
- Ability to utilise various technologies to complete work and a willingness to learn and drive the use of suitable new technologies to achieve results
- Ability to communicate complex financial information to a range of audiences, from financial experts to staff from a non-finance background
- Strong planning and organisational skills to provide long term strategic advice to senior management
- Credibility in advising on Finance policy and policy direction
- Knowledge of charity and public sector accounting.
Benefits include 27 days holiday per year plus 4 discretionary days, competitive pension scheme, season ticket loan, childcare vouchers and excellent support for learning and development.
For further information and details of how to apply, visit our website.
As Deputy Director of Finance you will be employed by ACU Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary.
At the ACU, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, race, religion, marital status, disability, age, and sexual orientation.
Closing date: 26 September 2017
Interview date: TBC
Start date: As soon as possible