Head of Fundraising
My client, YoungDementia UK is an award winning charity that supports people with young onset dementia (under 65 years) and their partners and families. This vital charity is looking to implement an ambitious strategy which will enable them to reach out to every person living with young onset dementia in the UK. YoungDementia UK is seeking an entrepreneurial, driven, creative and strategic Head of Fundraising to help make this strategy a reality.
This newly created role is home based, within reasonable travel time from Oxfordshire for team meetings, with some travel throughout the UK.
Responsibilities and Key Duties include:
- To work as part of the management group to steer YoungDementia UK and its team through its growth strategy
- To manage, develop and support two direct line reports (Trust Fundraiser and Community Fundraiser)
- To achieve agreed annual financial targets from diverse voluntary income streams to cultivate and retain supporter relationships and funding and be responsible for the development and implementation of an appropriate donor stewardship programme
- To research, identify and, in line with our strategic priorities, secure opportunities for new revenue streams and sources including corporate partnerships and sponsorship.
Person Specification to include:
- Degree or equivalent
- A proven track record of income generation including cultivating major individual and corporate prospects from cold and developing and securing high value partnerships
- Effective line management experience with a proven track record of supporting and empowering members of the team
- Budget management skills including preparation, monitoring and reporting of annual budgets
- Strong digital skills, experience of Raisers Edge or similar fundraising or contact relationship management system, including its strategic use and how to use it to effectively develop and deliver campaigns
- Must be able to drive, hold a current driving license and have access to a car
Application deadline: 18th September
PSR interviews: week of 18th September
Client interviews: to be confirmed