Fundraising & Communications Officer
Jerry Green Dog Rescue seeks new fundraiser!
Here at Jerry Green Dog Rescue we have a vacancy for a new Fundraising & Communications Officer to join our team covering the North Yorkshire region. The role will be based at our Central Office in Broughton.
We need someone brilliant to join us – you’ll be a champion of your Centre, working with the supporters who keep us going and making sure everyone in the local area who loves dogs knows we’re there and knows what we do!
You will spend your days communicating with our friends, building and managing a team of volunteers, raising Jerry Green Dog Rescue’s profile and reputation in the local community and marketing our new business enterprise. Most importantly though – raising that all important ‘dollar’. We’ll train the right person but you will need to know how to deliver great customer service, with our visitors and on the ol’ dog & bone; you will understand the importance of social media for appeals and promoting our dogs and you’ll be brave enough to go for the most innovative and quirky ways you can dream up. You’ll happily speak to all kinds of people about all kinds of dogs, and you won’t mind asking for money, things and time from them – you’ll do anything you can to help us help our dogs.
You’ll also be joining our fundraising team who are a quirky, funny and extremely hardworking bunch who devote their hearts, souls (and with a dog in need of foster care) sometimes their sofas too.
You will do all of this with a rescue dog by your side – so it is crucial that you are passionate about dogs!
Fundraising & Communications Officer Job Description
Job Title: Fundraising & Communications Officer
Responsible to: Fundraising & Communications Co-ordinator
Responsible for: Liaison with Centre Manager
Salary: £17,000 - £22,000
Office Base: Central Office, Broughton, North Lincolnshire, DN20 0BJ
Main Purpose of the Job: To promote our mission, vision and values, ensuring that all dogs get the best chance of being successfully rehomed by supporting the Centres to fundraise, raise local profile and recruit and support volunteers. To provide support to Centre Management in all areas relating to fundraising, communications, and volunteer recruitment, including ensuring that the Centre website pages are up to date and our dog database is up to date as well.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to our fundraising strategy to maximise income and develop donor loyalty
- Support the Centre Manager in building local relationships with community groups and local businesses, ensuring all supporters are well taken care of to encourage donor retention and repeat support.
- Plan and manage community events, including promoting them and supporting volunteers including supporting the Centre Manager to plan and implement the Centre Summer Show
- Contribute to newsletters, publications, PR, education and marketing objectives and keep the Centre website page and social media presence up to date to increase our engagement with adopters, supporters and donors online
- Ensure accurate donor management data is provided to Central Office for Raiser’s Edge database and help ensure efficient Centre administration processes are in place, including managing the Centre Dog Database and respond to all enquiries regarding volunteering