Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Shifts: 8hr shift patterns between the hours 9am – 8pm
Salary: £22,500 to £25,500 + benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: midnight, Sunday 17 September 2017
We have an exciting opportunity for a candidate with significant experience of supporting people through a helpline environment to join our Service’s team to be an advisor on our newly created helpline service.
About the role
The Helpline Advisor will provide up-to-date, accurate and impartial information and support to those who contact us. You will need to respond sensitively to those who call, email, write and contact us via webchat and/or social media, who may be people with arthritis, their friends, carers, employers or healthcare professionals.
Supported through an ongoing programme of coaching, updates and personal development, and with access to healthcare professional input, you will deliver the highest quality service; ensuring that we are responsive to our customer needs and striving to ensure that everyone who contacts us feels that they have had a positive experience of Arthritis Research UK.
Working within a framework of customer focussed policies and processes, you will be part of a team that is committed to continuous improvement and will regularly contribute to the development of our service to meet evolving customer needs and expectations.
To provide greater opportunity for people to contact the helpline, the service will be open 9am-8pm, Monday-Friday. A series of shift patterns will be in operation to cover the extended opening period and advisors are expected to work on a weekly rota of rotating shift patterns.
The ideally candidate will have:
- At least 1 year’s full-time (or 2 years part-time) experience in a counselling or advice-giving role, in either a voluntary or paid capacity.
- A minimum of one-year telephone helpline experience, preferably in a health-related environment.
- At least one year’s experience in providing information and support in writing.
- Experience of using contact centre agent software and customer relationship management (CRM) databases
- Basic knowledge of data protection and safeguarding procedures, backed up with experience of using these processes.
- Proven ability to make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced MS Office skills (in particular, Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively and a willingness to challenge constructively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to communicate complex and sensitive issues with ease, with the ability to empathise with people.
How to apply
To apply please submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- and a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by midnight on Sunday 17 September. Further details avaliable on our website when you click apply.
Formal interviews expected:
- 1st stage: telephone interviews on 25 September
- 2nd stage: face to face interviews 29 September in our Chesterfield office.
Arthritis Research UK is the charity dedicated to stopping the devastating impact that arthritis has on people’s lives.
Our long-term commitment is prevention, developing a cure, and transforming the lives of those with arthritis.
We fund research into new treatments to end the pain of arthritis, and provide information on living well with arthritis.
Read more about the organisation and our benefits on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Arthritis Research is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156