Deputy Development Director - Cambridge College
Our client, a Cambridge College, is seeking to appoint a Deputy Development Director to play a key role in overseeing the work of the Alumni and Development team and to develop productive relationships with College donors.
Deputy Development Director
Salary: Circa £44,000 to £49,000 p.a. depending on experience
- Managing and delivering an outstanding engagement and donor participation programme
- Manage the Development team
- Oversee an evolving development and alumni communications programme, including print and social media - in the first year this will include the introduction and implementation of a revised print publications strategy for both fundraising and general engagement
- Cultivate personal/institutional relationships, soliciting 5 - 6 figure gifts and pledges
- Manage a prospect portfolio of 100 - 150 donors, average 4 - 5 prospect meetings per working week (out of the office 1 - 2 days per week)
- Develop relationships with representatives of trusts and foundations, take the lead in applications in this area up to the £200,000 level
- Oversee office budget planning and expenditure, this includes non-salary budgeting for events, publications, training, fundraising and travel
Success in these responsibilities will lead to growth in annual fundraising revenues for the College and increased participation. The goal of the team is to increase fundraising income to £5 million annually for agreed College priorities.
Working closely with the Development Director, the position carries responsibility for leading the Development Office, and for managing its work to achieve its strategic objectives and specific targets.
The successful candidate will have 4 - 5 years development experience demonstrating increasing responsibility for team management and frontline fundraising responsibilities in an environment where there has been measured accountability for results.
Closing date: 12 pm on Friday 22 September 2017
Interviews being held on the morning of 29 September 2017.
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
No agencies please.