Training & Support Officer (Part Time)
Training and Support Officer, Part Time (20 hours per week).
Please email email@example.com or call 01306 881816 for an Application Pack.
Please note: CVs will not be accepted.
The Brigitte Trust is a Queens award winning charity offering emotional support and practical help to people facing life-threatening illness and their families, through a cadre of trained volunteers.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The post holder will be expected to:
- Manage all aspects of the organisational requirements for training and volunteer support.
- To be responsible for developing and delivering training to new and experienced volunteers and to facilitate all support groups for volunteers.
- Maintain the Trust’s client focus and progressive approach and to maintain the high standards and values of the Trust in all the training & support delivered to volunteers.
- To ensure that the quality of the training and support provided to volunteers by The Brigitte Trust is in accordance with the values and policies of the Trust, and in line with best practice developments in the field.
- To plan, arrange and facilitate ‘Introductory sessions’ for potential volunteers.
- To plan, arrange and facilitate full training courses for recruited volunteers.
- To plan, arrange and facilitate Induction sessions for volunteers.
- To plan, develop and when necessary, for volunteers, to arrange and deliver ongoing training appropriate to their development and changing needs.
- To conduct all required interviews of potential volunteers before and after the training.
- To provide monthly support and supervision to volunteers in small groups located across the Brigitte Trust service delivery area.
- To arrange required external training and visits to develop volunteer knowledge & skills.
- To keep records of attendance in groups.
- To contact absentee members of groups and liaise with and update relevant Service Co-ordinator (SCO), escalating to the Service & Development Manager where appropriate.
- To ensure that all volunteers’ records are maintained in accordance with good practice.
- To ensure that volunteers are fully supported and supervised.
- To keep the Service & Development Manager fully informed about all aspects of training, support & supervision, including the changing needs of volunteer issues.
- To meet regularly with the Service & Development Manager & SCOs.
- To manage the production, updating and distribution of the Volunteer Handbook.
- Provide written feedback for volunteers’ annual reviews.
- To work with the Service & Development Manager in identifying opportunities to develop and enhance the training and support offered to volunteers by the Trust.
- To lead by example and in a supportive way, maintaining the high standards and values of the Trust and valuing the contribution of all volunteers.
- To support volunteers in their personal development and optimise their contribution.
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, including delivering training and facilitating support groups some evenings and weekends as required.
- To carry out any other relevant duties that may from time to time be required.
- Must have a full driving licence and access to a car.
Please note the duties outlined in this Job Description may be reviewed and amended from time to time.