External Affairs Officer
This is a full-time, permanent role.
- The Centre of Expertise on Child Sexual Abuse – the Centre is funded by the Home Office, led by Barnardo’s, and works closely with key partners from academic institutions, local authorities, health, education, police, and the voluntary sector.
- The aim for the Centre is to bring about significant and system-wide change in how child sexual abuse is responded to locally and nationally. This will be achieved by identifying, generating and sharing high-quality evidence of what works to prevent and tackle child sexual abuse (including child sexual exploitation), to inform both policy and practice.
- This is an exciting new role, working within a high-profile project of immense national significance.
- Within a proactive and busy support team, you will be helping to develop and manage the Centre’s external affairs activities.
- This exciting role incudes managing the communication plans for the Centre’s outputs and being responsible for the production of the Centre’s digital output.
- You will help support the Centre with its publications, communications, website and external affairs activities.
- You will manage logistical arrangements for events, workshops, training, seminars, and conferences.
- You will monitor online press, announcements, news, website, social media and blogs for information or events relating Child Sexual Exploitation/Abuse (CSE/CSA).
- You will liaise closely with the Centre’s SMT members and use project management techniques to plan and organise events.
- Have experience of working in a similar external affairs/communications role, preferably within a not-for-profit organisation.
- Be an individual with highly competent IT skills, using office software on a daily basis and working with websites and social media.
- Be able to adopt a professional, creative and innovative approach for ways of communicating.
- Have experience of managing events.
Deadline: As soon as possible.