Development Programme Manager
Location: London or Chesterfield
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £37,000 - £40,000 + benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: midnight on Sunday 17 September
This is an exciting new role for a Development Programme Manager who will play a key part in delivering the organisational ambitions of Arthritis Research UK. We have a developing portfolio of new services and a pipeline of interventions and you will be responsible for the testing, nurturing and scaling up of selected projects.
About the role
You will have good project management experience as well as being able to deliver results to deadlines in a cross-organisational working environment. You will lead on projects and be a member of other cross-directorate project teams. We are looking for individuals with strong relationship building skills with colleagues / teams in the charity as well as being able to build effective partnerships with external organisations. Ideally you will have experience of (or a good understanding of) working with or on behalf of people with long-term conditions to shape the development and delivery of services for them.
The first key programme on which you will lead will be the organisation’s data governance programme, reporting to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services in his capacity as Senior Leadership Team (SLT) programme sponsor. You will be responsible for establishing and managing an organisational data governance programme that is wide ranging and multi-faceted and that will have a major strategic impact on the charity’s ability to deliver our ambitious outcomes for people with arthritis.
This is an enabling and transformative role that will pull together different streams of work and draw out their interdependencies whilst also helping the charity to comply with existing and new regulations. The Development Programme Manager will implement our Data Governance Framework and Strategy following robust programme management methodology through implementation to structured project closure into business as usual.
It is anticipated that the data governance programme will run for approximately 18 months, after which the post-holder will be lead on, or join the team of, other time-limited projects and programmes.
As a Development Programme Manager you will:
- Have significant experience of planning, managing, delivering and evaluating a range of projects. Including experience of working with multiple stakeholders, in complex organisations, to deliver large-scale and/or national programmes of work.
- Have an understanding and experience of best practice communication of messaging and information for different formats and audiences.
- Have strong project management and organisational ability, including being able to prioritise activities and independently manage own workload that includes multiple concurrent projects
- Have a strong understanding of the health, social care and public health environment
- Be a strategic thinker – have the ability to anticipate and resolve problems before they arise.
How to apply
To apply please submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- and a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification
- Please mentioned where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by midnight on Sunday 17 September. Further details available on our website when you click apply.
Interviews expected: Monday 2 October in our London Office
Arthritis Research UK is the charity dedicated to stopping the devastating impact that arthritis has on people’s lives.
Our long-term commitment is prevention, developing a cure, and transforming the lives of those with arthritis.
We fund research into new treatments to end the pain of arthritis, and provide information on living well with arthritis.
Read more about the organisation and our benefits on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Arthritis Research is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156