Are you a graduate, considering a change in career or a student? Do you want to gain high level policy experience in the healthcare arena in London?
About the Organisation and the Role
This company is a not-for-profit organisation for independent hospitals across the United Kingdom. They represent over 250 hospitals that provide services to insured, self-paying and NHS-funded patients. They highlight the role the sector plays in delivering the nation's health and informs the national debate on delivering the healthcare Britain deserves.
City of London, EC2V
Out of Pocket + Travel Expenses
3 - 6 Months from October
This is an exciting opportunity as the employer is offering a voluntary Internship.
In this role, you will work with them on the following:
- To complete a project on regulatory work in England;
- Fulfil ongoing policy work in the devolved nations;
- To assist with consultation responses and the organisation's key principles documents.
- Help to produce external communications through various platforms.
- Provide event support and planning for annual and Christmas events.
- Undertake particular stakeholder engagement projects.
The above list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to assist with some administrative and other tasks for the organisation.
What are the benefits?
- Gain hands-on experience of working in a sector-leading trade association. AIHO is a strategically-placed organisation for an introduction to independent healthcare and healthcare policy.
- Advance your policy development and implementation skills, communication, organisation, teamwork and influencing skills.
- Working on a diverse range of projects under supervision.
- Join an enthusiastic and supportive team of people.
- Attend events as a representative of the organisation.
- Enhance your CV and gain written references at the end of your internship.
- Receive agreed out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed within our client's guidelines. Travel expenses to Zone 6 and lunch.
Preferred skills and qualities
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the role.
- Knowledge of or interest in health policy in the UK.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and social media, particularly Twitter.
- Strong organisational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail.
- Ability to use own initiative within specified guidelines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to follow company policy, e.g. health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality and financial guidelines.
What’s the commitment?
- 3-4 days a week, Monday to Friday, from 20 October 2017 for 3 – 6 months.
- You will be based at the employer’s offices in City of London and the role may involve occasional travel to external meetings.
- Flexible times and days to suit you and the organisation.
Timetable for Appointment
Complete and return your application form by 5pm 7 October 2017.
Interviews (including a practical test) are planned for 11 October at our offices
PLEASE NOTE: You are not applying at this stage, even though you may be asked to attach your CV on the job board.
After you have followed the job board process, your details will be sent directly to CHM Recruit.
* YOU WILL THEN RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM CHM RECRUIT WITH FURTHER DETAILS ON HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION *
Please disregard any automated email correspondence from the job board itself.
Please check your email spam / junk mail folder and don't delay in applying.
Our client is committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in its workforce.
No agencies please.
More searches like this
- Marketing Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in London (Central)
- Campaigning Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in London (Central)
- Administration Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in London (Central)
- Policy & Research Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in London (Central)
- Volunteers Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in London (Central)