Part-Time Trust Fundraiser | Stoke Mandeville Spinal Research (Reg Charity No 1116574)
£13-£16 per hour | circa 20 hours per week
Office based with option for home-working if required
Start Date Autumn 2017
Stoke Mandeville Spinal Research is an independent charity (Reg Charity No 1116574) based at the National Spinal Injuries Centre, Stoke Mandeville Hospital. The charity is dedicated to improving the day to day quality of life for people living with spinal cord injury. Our research aims to:
- Alleviate and prevent the chronic medical complications of spinal cord injury eg, pain, pressures sores and urinary tract infections
- Test and validate assistive technology to improve neurorehabilitation and everyday life
- Ensure every person with spinal cord injury realizes their true potential in life
This is an exciting time to join Stoke Mandeville Spinal Research in the newly created position of Trust Fundraiser. The role will involve utilising current trust research to submit high quality applications, as well as research and identifying new funding opportunities. Additionally you will ensure that funders are kept updated with the progress of their donations.
You will have excellent written communication skills, be persuasive, with the ability to build and maintain relationships. You will be resilient, tenacious and passionate about our cause and the charity sector. You will ideally have experience in making applications for funding.
Stoke Mandeville Spinal Research is proud of winning of the Flexible Charity of the Year in 2016’s Mumandworking awards, and you will benefit from total flexibility within your role. Although our team is fairly small you will be embraced by a warm and supportive environment that values cross-team working, and enjoys sharing in success.
- Researching prospective supporters in line with the charity’s aims
- Utilising existing research and support to establish the appropriateness of further applications
- Managing a time table of funders to ensure deadlines are appropriately met and a balanced work flow
- Working with colleagues to develop up to date and accurate cases for support
- Preparation and submission of well-written, compelling and complete funding applications
- Maintenance of accurate tracking of acquired funding, pending applications and prospective income
Skills and Experience
- Experience of persuasive writing, or making funding applications
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good I.T skills
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role and wish to discuss it further, then please call Charlotte on 07792 407298 or send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com . Ideally interviews will take place soon after the 14th September.