Director of Fundraising and Partnerships
Vacancy Notice: Director of Fundraising and Partnerships
Empowering women is the key to driving social change in developing and emerging economies. Working at the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women is an opportunity to be part of that change.
We are an entrepreneurial organisation with ambitious goals – to empower women entrepreneurs to make a difference in their own communities around the world. Our team is dynamic and hard-working. We are passionate about creating a more equal world for generations to come. We provide women in developing and emerging economies with the skills, technology, networks and access to financial services that they need to build and expand their micro, small and growing businesses, and in doing so benefit not only themselves but also their families and communities.
Since it was established in 2008 the Foundation has utilised technology to deliver cutting-edge projects that have had real impact on the lives of over 140,000 women entrepreneurs in more than 100 countries around the world.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced fundraising leader, with excellent knowledge of philanthropy and a proven track record of driving income growth from corporates. Experience raising funds from foundations and high net worth individuals will also be highly valued.
You will be strategic, action orientated and driven. You will be able to work with high profile people and will inspire all those you meet or communicate with, with your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. You will be instrumental in contributing to delivering the Foundation’s objectives as part of the senior leadership team, working closely with the new CEO to refresh the organisation’s strategy to build on its roots as a pioneering organisation working for women’s economic empowerment around the world.
The key purpose of the role is to:
- Deliver the Foundation’s income and drive sustainable growth in income over the short and long term
- Lead a team of strong professional fundraisers in delivering the Foundation’s fundraising strategy and contributing to the organisation’s strategy
- Work closely with staff across the Foundation to enable a culture and approach to income generation that is ambitious, innovative and professional
- Be an ambassador for the Foundation with our most important stakeholders
This is an exciting role with the potential to drive significant income and contribute to ground-breaking impact in the field of women’s economic empowerment. To succeed in this position, you will be a highly motivated, driven and diplomatic individual with a passion for working collaboratively and inspiring others.
This is a full-time role based in central London reporting to the CEO. Some out of hours work and international travel will be required.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. We value diversity and welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, gender, colour, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.
Essential experience, skills and aptitude
- Experience of planning and leading a philanthropy or leadership giving programme to create a step change in income
- Experience of working closely with corporate partners to generate income and deliver on mutual aspirations will be highly regarded
- Experience of working closely with high net worth individuals and/or trusts and foundations
- Experience of managing and motivating a team and enabling individuals to reach their potential
- Experience of embedding strategic thinking and planning and the ability to clearly articulate a strategic direction and plan
- Experience of building a diverse portfolio of income, innovating to grow existing income sources and developing new income sources including social impact finance and social enterprise
- A proven track record of successfully soliciting gifts and/or grants at a six to eight figure level
- Proven ability to set and achieve realistic but ambitious income targets
- Experience of playing a key role in a management team
- Experience of developing and managing budgets and providing management information including forecasting against plan
- Experience of developing innovative funding products, written funding proposals and ‘case for support’ documents is desirable
- Experience of working across organisational teams and the ability to generate the trust and support of key stakeholders
- Willingness to undertake travel – overseas and in the UK
Skills and aptitude
- The ability to develop rapport with a broad range of donors, including those who are at a senior level in the business world
- Entrepreneurial and target driven
- The ability to lead and inspire others
- A natural social networker
- The confidence and credibility to work with senior colleagues and, where necessary, to influence and manage upwards
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- A positive and constructive attitude to challenges, solving problems and identifying opportunities
- Calm under pressure, with the ability to work flexibly to tight deadlines
- An energetic can do attitude with the drive to be a significant contributor to an ambitious team
- Strong work ethic
- An understanding of and passionate commitment to international development and women’s rights is essential
- Commitment to equal opportunities and to the mission, vision and values of the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter detailing your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17:00 GMT on Tuesday 19th September 2017. We are aiming to conduct first round interviews week commencing 25th September 2017.