The Leprosy Mission England and Wales (TLMEW) is a leading international Christian development organisation with 140 years’ experience and is part of the TLM worldwide family. TLMEW is active in 11 countries, currently with over 50 projects addressing the causes and consequences of leprosy, ranging from health and livelihoods to advocacy, water and sanitation.
TLMEW’s purpose is to increase awareness and understanding of Leprosy and to achieve fundraising targets in excess of £20 million over the next three years in order to support the overseas projects.
You will be the face of The Leprosy Mission in the North West of England and will report to the Community Development Manager. Living within your region, you will work from home but be expected to travel extensively within your area and occasionally to the Peterborough Office.
To be successful, you will need to:
- be an engaging presenter/public speaker;
- have proven success as a regional fundraiser or have requisite proven sales/marketing success gained in the business sector;
- recruit new supporters and manage volunteers to give generously of their time, talents and resources;
- have excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills;
- be willing to work on Sundays and evenings as required, and occasional Saturdays;
- be able to develop and deliver a regional fundraising strategy.
TLMEW is an explicitly Christian charity, and your role will be to represent the Mission’s purpose and ethos to external audiences. You will be a confident speaker with the ability to adapt your style to suit all church denominations. As the successful candidate will be required to undertake biblical research to locate appropriate scripture for use in TLMEW presentation and written materials, and may be asked to the lead the services in some supporting churches, there is an occupational requirement for the Regional Manager to be a practicing Christian.
A valid driving licence is an essential requirement for the role, as a car allowance will be provided to enable you to have a car to assist you with the duties associated with this role. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a medical and an enhanced DBS check.
For further details and to apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.
Closing date: Wednesday 20 September 2017
Preliminary interviews: Thursday 5 October 2017
Interviews: Friday 13 October 2017 in Peterborough
The Leprosy Mission, England and Wales is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Registered Charity number 1050327
More jobs like this
- Full Time Human Rights Fundraising jobs in North West England
- Full Time Human Rights Senior Management jobs in North West England
- Full Time Human Rights Management jobs in North West England
- Full Time Human Rights Business Development & Commercial jobs in North West England
- Full Time Human Rights Volunteer Recruitment & Management jobs in North West England