Site Marketing Manager
Stonehenge - English Heritage are seeking a Site Marketing Manager for Stonehenge on a 6 month fixed term contract, to be responsible for developing and implementing marketing plans in order to maximise return on expenditure in order to deliver target visitor numbers and admissions.
Details about the Client
English Heritage cares for over 400 historic buildings, monuments and sites - from world-famous prehistoric sites to grand medieval castles, from Roman forts on the edge of Empire to Cold War sites. Through these, they bring the story of England to life for over 10 million people each year.
Michael Page Marketing are currently partnering with English Heritage, to appoint a Site Marketing Manager to their Stonehenge attraction on a 6 month fixed term contract. As Site Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing plans in order to maximise return on expenditure, to deliver target visitor numbers and admissions.
Stonehenge a World Heritage Site, is one of the best-known prehistoric monument in Europe. Over a million visitors a year, from all over the world enjoy its visitor centre and award winning exhibition with its collection of prehistoric artefacts. This is a great chance to help market one of the greatest historic destinations in the UK.
Detailed Job Description
The Site Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Implementing the marketing campaigns for Stonehenge across all channels, working closely with colleagues across the Marketing Department and with appointed agencies in order to achieve campaign KPIs and visitor targets.
- Delivering regular performance tracking, measurement and reporting, through use of web analysis tools such as Google Analytics, email data reports, KPI report evaluations and booking reports, making necessary changes to campaign delivery in order to achieve campaign objectives.
- Working with the in-house Brand and Design Team to deliver all marketing print requirements for Stonehenge.
- Applying insight and marketing intelligence gained by the National Customer Insight Manager & the National Business & Marketing Analyst including the national segmentation model.
- Monitoring and tracking market conditions and competitive performance, identifying areas of opportunity for the business and feed into decision-making and strategy.
- Working in collaboration with the national marketing team and Travel Trade colleagues to create engaging content for marketing campaigns, website population, member communications and CRM campaigns, taking particular responsibility for the Stonehenge website property pages and social media accounts.
- Proactively developing relationships with agreed local marketing partnerships and play an active role in local tourism marketing forums.
- Implementing the education marketing strategy for Stonehenge to ensure that Free Education Visits and the Discovery Visits programme are marketed direct to teachers, schools and other education providers using a variety of on and offline channels including social media, including the development and management of creative and content by working with internal/external creative resource to develop targeted marketing collateral.
- Managing the Education Visit Officer and monitoring the quality of the free education visits programme that they are responsible for delivering.
The ideal candidate for the Site Marketing Manager will have:
- Experience in a marketing and role, within visitor attractions, leisure, travel or tourism.
- Experience in the implementation of marketing campaigns across offline and online channels, including experience of working through media agencies with experience of using analytics and tools to inform campaign development.
- Experienced in the creation of campaign-able content and management of consumer advertising and digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience of writing briefs for delivery by agencies.
- Budgetary responsibility.
- Staff management experience (desirable.)
- Experience in marketing to reach an overseas audience (desirable.)
- Experience of education marketing with heritage or visitor attractions (desirable.)
- Creative and innovative ability to recognise strong tactical opportunities and exploit them through all marketing channels and comms.
- Good understanding of how to use customer motivations and behaviour insight in the planning and delivery of marketing campaigns.
- Strong planning and organisational skills - ability to manage high volumes of work and effectively prioritise tasks to maximise commercial performance.
- Immediate or imminent availability would be beneficial.
What's on offer
By joining English Heritage as Site Marketing Manager, you'll receive the following benefits:
£32,000-£34,000 (salary offered dependent on experience.)
Company mobile phone and laptop
Attractive benefits package, including excellent holiday allowance and pension contribution.
Please note, this position will be offered on a 6 month fixed term contact.
The primary locations of this role is Salisbury and Bristol, with some travel to other offices. Salisbury site is commutable from Warminster, Andover, Winchester, Trowbridge, Bath, Chippenham, Devizes, Bournemouth, Poole and Southampton.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPTK13852160Z