Head of Marketing
The client is health charity based in Yorkshire which is experiencing a lot of growth.
- Produce annual marketing plans for each core audience (corporate, community, retail, trusts & foundations, public sector, families and care professionals) in line with Commercial and Care plans.
- Define and regularly refresh key messages for each audience by working with the Commercial and Care teams.
- Develop effective and efficient contact strategies for each audience.
- Create an overarching look and feel for the brand across all communication channels but develop appropriate tone of voice and image variants for each core audience while taking account of our brand principles.
- Review and improve the charity's online presence including the website and its activity across all social media.
- Develop a simple E-CRM based donor journey to build engagement with and donations from our community donors.
- Undertake market scanning and research to identify new fund raising opportunities for the charity.
- Establish the need for then source, brief and manage relevant agencies to support the delivery of annual marketing plans.
- Develop a testing and evaluation approach; setting objectives for each campaign, including testing opportunities, conducting post activity evaluation including ROI.
- Set appropriate goals, project milestones, and KPIs for the department's activities, to ensure all output is aligned with, and supporting, the attainment of the company's wider objectives
- Manage and optimise the use of the marketing budget.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop the other members of the marketing team.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the SLT, Committees and Trustee Board.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience
- Proven track record across offline and online marketing
- Capability in management of external agencies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commercially focused and results driven with the ability to accurately manage budgets and agency spend.
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Proactive, initiative taker and strategic thinker.
- Have a hands-on approach, with the ability to lead from the front and help to transition / grow your team.
- Effective manager with the ambition, conviction and personal charisma to inspire the team.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.