I am currently working alongside The Royal Society of Chemistry as they recruit for a Philanthropy Lead to join either their London or Cambridge office. Reporting to the Strategic Partnerships Manager, the purpose of this role is to develop and maintain relationships with major donors, and trusts and foundations. The Philanthropy Lead will influence these relationships and use their broad understanding of the Royal Society of Chemistry, key sectors and markets to maximise income to support the Society's charitable activities.
* Investigate and approach Trusts and Foundations to provide funding for suitable Royal Society of Chemistry projects, and write stewardship reports, letters and documents for major donors.
* Develop relationships with major donors and senior representatives of partner organisations who have the potential or have shown a desire to support the work of the Royal Society of Chemistry by investigating their needs and improving their understanding of our work.
* Directly responsible for achieving income target. Work closely with colleagues across the organisation to create proposals and gain expertise, material and financial support for strategic projects in priority countries, making use of the full portfolio of Royal Society of Chemistry products and services.
* Support the commercial, membership and charitable goals of the Royal Society of Chemistry by facilitating relationship-building for colleagues and senior Royal Society of Chemistry members with Trusts and Foundations, major donors and partner organisations
* A proven track record of major donor fundraising with either a desire to work with Trusts and Foundations, and individuals or previous experience.
* Significant experience in prospect cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship.
* Should possess good negotiating skills, able to handle customer objections, and be self-motivated.
* Educated to degree level, with a demonstrable interest in the role of science and technology in tackling the challenges facing society and generating prosperity.
* Ability to swiftly establish credibility with trustees and senior executives. Good at listening, with a consultative approach and identifies opportunities to support colleagues.
If this position sounds like something that may suit you, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Alternatively, if you know someone who is perfect for this role then please do encourage them to apply!
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Philanthropy Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly