Job Title: Philanthropy Manager
Salary: £35K pa
Hours: Full time, or 4 days per week
The Soil Association was formed in 1946 to pioneer a better world – one where we can all farm, eat and live healthily in balance with the environment. Today, we’re still dedicated to making positive change happen. We’re farming, growing, buying, cooking and eating. We’re campaigning, lobbying and certifying. We’re running research programmes that pave the case for change. And we’re inspiring millions of people to take their own step towards a sustainable future.
About the opportunity
Our major donor income has quadrupled over the last three years and we see enormous potential to keep growing this programme by inspiring more people with the work of the Soil Association. You will be joining the team at a really exciting and opportune time to help lead the Philanthropy team to even greater success.
You will be ambitious in your approach to develop and implement a strategy to grow income from major donors while simultaneously managing a stewardship programme so that all supporters have the very best giving experience.
You will lead on growing the Soil Circle (£1k-£12k annual supporters) through an ambitious Ambassador programme and develop an events and communication strategy to keep this important membership group inspired and motivated.
This role will require excellent management and organisational skills to ensure that all donors are looked after in a timely and effective manner.
You will have a proven track record in developing a strategy to maximise major donations from individuals. You will relish the opportunity to talk to all types of people about the Soil Association and be able to communicate effectively and persuasively both verbally and in writing.
You will be flexible in your approach as well as content and capable with event organisation, budgeting, proposal writing and research.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Our employee benefits
Working with us you will have a range of financial and lifestyle benefits, including:
• 27 days annual holiday plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days with service (pro-rata)
• A defined contribution pension scheme
• Free membership of the Soil Association Charity
• Discounts on organic produce, farm visits
• Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
• Family friendly policies, flexible working and childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work, Bristol Pound scheme
Closing date for applications: Monday 4 September 12pm (mid-day)
Interviews are expected to take place: Thursday 14 September 2017
Please submit your CV with a covering letter clearly outlining how you meet each of the essential criteria as laid out in the job description by email below.
Thank you for your interest in the Soil Association and our job opportunities
More searches like this
- Fundraising Animal Full Time jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Marketing Animal Full Time jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Senior Management Animal Full Time jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Trustees & Chair Animal Full Time jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- PR & Communications Animal Full Time jobs in Bristol (City Centre)