Public sector organisation based in Bedfordshire. A fantastic team environment offering a busy press office to be part of.
- Providing key external communications advice to stakeholders across the business.
- Develop fully integrated communication plans, outlining objectives, audience/insight, strategy/ideas, implementation and scoring/evaluation to guide the planning and development of activity.
- Source proactive 'good news' stories, which helps to promote successes and achievements both internally and externally.
- To guide, support and recommend the most appropriate methods of communication and audience targeting in a proactive situation to senior stakeholders.
- Utilise the full range of internal and external communication channels, to communicate with the right audience, at the right time, in the right way, publishing across a range of channels including web and social media. Monitor media and all other channels.
- Ensure the consistent application of the brand and key messages through all proactive communications, both internally and externally
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the wider communications and engagement team to ensure the timely delivery of an integrated communications service for both planned and reactive outputs.
- Provide a regular evaluation of communications activity, proving the campaign objectives have been met and demonstrating value for money, return on investment, added value to the organisation, as well as the levels of engagement and interaction with the public
- Develop quality and timely news releases in response to enquiries
- Attend critical incidents and provide professional communications and media handling advice to stakeholders
- Make decisions under pressure and deal effectively with complex and sensitive issues
- Monitor and handle incoming enquiries from the media, ensuring that an appropriate response is given
- Take part in multi-agency emergency critical incident planning when required
- Manage and facilitate the delivery of press conferences and media interviews on television, radio and print media
- Ensure that communications colleagues and the wider business is aware of any urgent or emerging issues
- Deliver media training and media handling advice to stakeholders across the business and the wider communications team. Oversee the management and delivery of press conferences
- Deputising for the Senior Communications Officer when required supporting the work of the wider communications team.
- Ability to translate business objectives into communications objectives and develop integrated communication plans to achieve operational and strategic goals.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to write in a clear, succinct and engaging manner, adapting for audience and channel.
The Communications Officer salary is between £32,000 and £35,000 depending on experience, plus great benefits.