Fundraising & Development Manager
As Fundraising and Development Manager, you will support the Chief Executive to enable WBR UK to fulfil its ambitious Strategic Plan created in 2017 and individually, working with our PR agency and media partners, be responsible for growing and supporting our community of UK based fundraisers. You will also lead the execution of various World Bicycle Relief events in and around the UK.
- Take responsibility for a target figure of funds to raise from individual fundraisers and the creation of an original and sustainable plan to meet that target.
- Implement the fundraising plan including initiating appropriate events and activities to create new fundraisers, working with the global Development and Marketing teams.
- Work with the CEO to cultivate and nurture corporate supporters who have mobilised employees to be fundraisers.
- Serve as primary contact for individuals and companies that conduct independent fundraising events in the UK.
- Monitor and report on peer-to-peer fundraising metrics and industry trends.
- Manage events, including the marketing collateral and set up required.
- Represent WBR externally to various donor audiences at events.
- Create and track budgets associated with events.
You bring with you:
- 2+ years’ experience in leading grassroots fundraising and responsibility for events management.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience of managing corporate relationships.
- Full set of IT skills including Google Documents and full Microsoft Office suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Database working experience, including a client relationship management system.
- 4+ years of experience working with fundraisers and fundraising platforms.
Qualities we are seeking in a candidate:
- A passion for our mission, such that you have a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Team working skills, including flexibility to help at all levels.
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills.
- Superior relationship-building skills and an impeccable customer service track record.
- Outstanding communication skills across a variety of communication channels.
You should know:
- This position will require some evening and weekend hours, and there will be travel involved around the UK and occasionally abroad.
- As a bicycle charity, many of our supporters are cyclists and ability to go on cycle rides with cycle clubs, at events, etc. would be very advantageous.
- The position is currently home-based, but you must be prepared to travel to meet with the CEO as well as fundraisers. A centralised office may be established, but that location is yet to be determined.
- This position requires a valid driver’s licence.
Apply for Fundraising & Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Full Time International Fundraising jobs in South West England
- Full Time International Community Fundraising jobs in South West England
- Full Time International Corporate Fundraising jobs in South West England
- Full Time International Events Fundraising jobs in South West England
- Full Time International Supporter Development jobs in South West England