Head of Finance
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) is the professional membership body for charity fundraising with offices in London, Edinburgh and Cardiff. We promote and support the work of our members through training, events, qualifications, and through our network of over 6,000 members and around 600 organisations across the UK. We represent and promote the fundraising sector with a range of stakeholders including regulators, politicians and the media.
We are looking for a Head of Finance to take the lead for the financial performance management of the organisation, managing the function operationally, strategically and in relationships with stakeholders, including directing and evolving our finance team.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the development and successful delivery of the Finance function and providing successful leadership across the Institute;
- Leading on financial planning and developing projections and business models in line with the Strategic Plan;
- Communicating complex financial information and influencing and building rapport with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Producing the Trustee’s Annual Report and Financial Statements; reporting to Finance & Resources Committee and the Board of Trustees;
- Leading and developing a small team.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience of the UK charity or not for profit sector, advanced knowledge of SORP and charity VAT. You will have led a strategic finance function, produced statutory accounts, management accounts, financial reports and analysis. You will have demonstrable commercial acumen, a strong understanding of business and strategic issues, and the ability to appropriately challenge and advise budget holders. You will have excellent leadership and communication skills, and a passion for helping us achieve our vision: Excellent fundraising for a better world.