Policy and Public Affairs Assistant
Hours: full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 + benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: by midnight Sunday 20 August
We are looking for a highly skilled assistant to support the policy, campaigns and public affairs teams.
About the role
You will be working within the external affairs directorate, where the policy, campaigns and public affairs teams play a vital role in driving forward the charity’s aim of achieving a tangible, positive change in the lives of people with arthritis. We seek to influence policy by identifying factors that must be changed by Government, or others, to improve the lives of people living with musculoskeletal conditions. We then influence policy makers, through our public affairs work, and by engaging people who campaign with us.
It is an exciting time to join our growing team, and this role offers a great opportunity to work across the areas of policy, public affairs and campaigns.
We are looking for an individual that has an interest in and knowledge of public affairs, policy or campaigns.
As a policy and public affairs assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Enabling the smooth-running of the policy, public affairs and campaigning function by providing excellent and timely support.
- Providing support to the public affairs team including helping to organise parliamentary events including receptions, drop-ins and party conferences, and monitoring parliamentary activity to share with the rest of the team.
- Providing support for policy work including proof-reading, writing document summaries, tracking PQs, drafting biographies for inclusion in briefings and mailing reports.
- Providing support for the campaigns team by monitoring social media, writing intranet and web articles, and speaking to case studies.
- Supporting the Head of Policy and Public Affairs, including coordinating team attendance at meetings with key coalition groups, archiving meeting project papers, and processing payments.
- Providing diary and meeting support for the team including facilitating internal and external meetings, room bookings, travel and meeting notes.
- Supporting the re-development and up-keep of our external webpages, regularly sourcing and writing content.
- Working with suppliers and ensure they are paid in a timely way, raising purchase orders, and working closely with colleagues in finance.
How to apply
To apply please submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification.
- Please mention where you’ve seen this role advertised
You MUST submit a supporting statement if you wish to be considered.
Email your completed application by midnight Sunday 20 August. Further details available on our website when you click apply.
First interviews expected: 29 and 30 August at our London office
Second interviews expected: 1 September at our London office
Arthritis Research UK is the charity dedicated to stopping the devastating impact that arthritis has on people’s lives.
Our long-term commitment is prevention, developing a cure, and transforming the lives of those with arthritis.
We fund research into new treatments to end the pain of arthritis, and provide information on living well with arthritis.
Read more about the organisation and our benefits on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Arthritis Research is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES