Head of Creative
We are looking for an experienced individual to join us as Head of Creative, leading the creative team to develop excellent content in response to creative briefs provided by our internal stakeholder client teams. You will provide creative leadership and the production of world-class creative content.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Marketing and Fundraising divisions exist to inspire millions of people – from individuals to large corporate organisations – to support our quest for change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Head of Creative you will exploit the power of storytelling through outstanding and compelling creative content, engaging new and existing audiences as we adapt and enhance our marketing activity to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving communication environment. You will be responsible for maintaining creative standards and quality and supporting your team to deliver outstanding content. In addition you will:
- Drive the creation of high quality, innovative and authentic content through both bringing your own ideas and inspiring the team to deliver high quality ideas against briefs
- Source and utilise external creative talent and manage that talent to deliver against brief
- Be a passionate advocate for the power of storytelling about challenging global situations
- Own and drive a regular ‘Creative Review’ process to assess creative output against the Content Strategy
- Manage performance through developing annual work plans for both your team and individual staff, and monitoring work through regular supervision and annual appraisals.
To be successful you will have substantial experience and demonstrable success in delivering your own creative ideas, and directing a creative team. You will have the ability to inspire an organisation and bring colleagues into an idea, sound strategic thinking, and project management and planning skills. In addition you will have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of digital platforms and how creative content is effectively used for marketing, campaigning and media to access large audiences
- Experience commissioning, and ideally attending, shoots in the developing world
- Exceptional contacts within the creative industries
- Significant operational experience and demonstrable success in delivering high quality creative content in a variety of media for marketing purposes.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: Sunday 20th August 2017